Manager Enterprise Data Management
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Statoil has launched a company-wide digital roadmap supported by a digital centre of excellence (CoE) to accelerate value creation from digital technologies. The digital roadmap consists of seven programmes which covers the whole of Statoil's value chain.
Digitalisation can improve safety and security, increase value creation from our operations and reduce our carbon footprint. The Digital CoE will develop and manage the overall digital roadmap, ensuring that Statoil has the right portfolio of digital projects to realise the identified potential.
The Digital CoE will develop and manage expert resources within digital program management, data science, analytics, software engineering and data management. Further, the digital CoE will support with broad competence building within digital topics across the organisation.
Statoil has always been a leader in application of cutting edge IT technologies and we have accumulated vast quantities of data - 26 petabytes today and 2500 petabytes expected by 2030. However, the full potential of these data is yet to be unlocked using advances in technology such as cloud computing and microservice architectures, application of advanced analytical algorithms within machine learning, deep learning, cognitive computing and artificial intelligence, and most importantly – your passion and creativity!
The head of enterprise data management will maximise value from Statoil's vast amount of data. You will be responsible for the organisations enterprise wide data and information content, governance, controls, policy development and effective exploitation of these. The position will report to the head of digital CoE and be overall responsible in Statoil for managing our data as a strategic asset.
- Lead and set direction for enterprise data management in Statoil, moving towards opening data to all employees if within external and internal regulations
- Define data management policies across the company ensuring that Statoil treat data as a strategic asset
- Define and maintain enterprise data governance and policies
- Describe and implement required data management roles and ownership to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of data across the company
- Advise senior leaders and professionals across Statoil on data management issues, such as sharing data with suppliers, contractual implications and moving data to the cloud
- Be the premise providers towards the data platform team in Corporate IT, prioritising which data to be made available in the Statoil data lake enabling Statoil's prioritised digital projects
- Ensure that all data are described in one data catalogue in the data platform
- Define taxonomy and standards to describe data, and drive mapping exercises
- Run a data network across the company
- Solid leadership experience from line roles or project leader roles
- Strategic mindset and understanding of the value of data within the energy industry
- In dept knowledge of enterprise data management and digital platforms
- Succesfull experience in roles such as chief data officer or similar
- PhD or Master degree within engineering, science or computer science
- 7 - 10 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications
- Strong ability and desire to influence decisions and drive improvements
- Innovative and creative combined with result orientation and commercialism
- Strong interest in understanding external digital opportunities and how that can contribute to improve Statoil’s performance
- Networking skills and a proven collaborator
- High integrity and ability to role model our values
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
If you have questions about the position or the process please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact
VP Torbjørn Folgerø, phone 971 93 221
VP Ellinor Grude, phone 916 13 616
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.