Procurement and Contract Manager
Marlink is the pioneer in business-critical IT, communication and digital solutions customers can rely on to run their remote operations in an ever smarter, safer and profitable way.
The Marlink Group is the world’s leading provider of end-to-end managed connectivity and IT solutions. The group which includes Marlink, Telemar, Palantir, Livewire Connections and OmniAccess, provides maritime and enterprise customers with an integrated offering of reliable broadband communications and IT, digital solutions, bridge electronics, and flexible service and maintenance.
We provide an unrivalled portfolio of multi-band communication solutions covering Ku-, Ka-, C- and L-band services is augmented with mobile and terrestrial links and an industry-unique range of digital solutions.
With more than 1000 employees worldwide, we serve enterprise and maritime customers globally, including: Shipping, Offshore, Cruise & Ferry, Yachting and Fishing, as well as Mining, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Humanitarian & NGO, Media & Events.
Our 24/7 service desk, a global network of sales offices, a network of 1250 service points staffed with highly qualified service engineers support our customers globally to operate their remote business more efficiently.
More than 70 years’ experience, combined with our strong satellite network and hardware manufacturer partnerships, enables Marlink to bring the power of smart connectivity solutions to customers worldwide, helping them to digitalise their remote business operations wherever they are.
We are looking for a new member to our Procurement and Contract team:
Procurement and Contract Manager
We seek a Procurement and Contracts Manager who can strengthen our Procurement team to support Marlink enterprise and maritime markets with supplier management. This includes supplier contract management and negotiations, RFQ, purchase orders and project execution. Benchmark of products and sourcing. Contribution to process improvement or development projects, in a constant changing environment.
The position supports off the shelf, technology and development projects and purchases to get the best quality, price, support and facilitate the coordination with technical and legal lead.
- Source, define, negotiate and implement agreements with manufacturers and suppliers
- Contract management in general
- Supplier management
- Lead on supplier RFQ/evaluation
- Plan and organize all procurement activities, according to budgets and targets
- Administrate and execute orders and follow up in ERP system
- Contribute to a correct and effective supply chain, ensuring successful deliveries within the Marlink Group
- Generate savings and cost reduction with existing or new suppliers
- Compliance to international laws and regulations
- Extract and manage procurement KPI’s
Relevant qualifications and skills:
- Relevant education, Bachelor or Master level
- Min. 5 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in an international environment
- The position requires excellent command of Norwegian and English, spoken and written
- Proven experience in creating and implementing procurement strategies/improvements.
- Excellent contract evaluation and negotiations skills
- Experienced in supplier management in a diverse and international environment
- Good knowledge of relevant procurement standards, rules and regulations and
- Operate well under high pressure
- Structured and reliable
- Beneficial to have some technical and/or legal competence from satcom
- Competitive remuneration and pension plan
- A variety of career development possibilities
- External and internal training
- A fast-moving international operating environment
- Cutting edge satcom and communication solutions
The position reports to Head of Procurement. The company and reporting language is English, the office language mostly Norwegian. The position is located at our Norwegian HQ at Lysaker. Candidates may be subject to background checks. Some work-related travel may be expected. We prefer Norwegian applications and CV’s. Interviews will be conducted in Norwegian.
For additional information about this position, contact recruitment manager Lars Hagen in Nye Ansatte AS, 0047 90 999 000. All applicants and applications are treated confidentially, and according to current rules and regulations.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.