Director, Operational & Financial Restructuring
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) when conventional approaches are not enough to activate change and achieve results.
Privately-held since 1983, A&M is a global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through significant action. Our senior professionals are experienced operators, world-class consultants and industry veterans who draw upon the firm's restructuring heritage to help businesses turn change into a strategic business asset, manage risk and unlock value at every stage.
When action matters, find us at www.alvarezandmarsal.com.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Alvarez & Marsal’s established Restructuring Advisory business. Through our Restructuring practice, Alvarez & Marsal offers critical assistance to companies that are under-performing or experiencing a full-blown liquidity crisis. Working directly with company management, Alvarez & Marsal helps stabilise financial and operational performance. Alvarez & Marsal's involvement reassures investors and creditors that the company is taking important steps to address its problems and maximise its value.
If you are an experienced restructuring professional looking for a ‘hands on’, entrepreneurial environment where you can really make a difference then A&M may be the place to develop your career.
We work with multi-national companies, high profile investment banks and Global and European private equity houses and their portfolio companies on a global basis. We pride ourselves on listening to our clients, understanding their business and combining intelligent solutions implementation to preserve and generate value for our client’s businesses. Our goal is to improve cashflow and EBITDA and to provide earnings benefits through hands-on involvement in our clients’ operations and transactions. Furthermore, our job is to support PE firms, bank syndicates and hedge funds to ensure their portfolio companies have credible plans and the ability to execute and deliver the financial outcomes required. To this end, we are seeking talented, entrepreneurial recruits who are interested in developing their careers in the turnaround and restructuring space.
- Quickly understand a client’s rapidly changing situation to enable creative and innovative solutions/options for businesses and their stakeholders
- Work with Managing Directors, Senior Directors and Directors to deliver Nordic, European and International client projects through the management of multiple work streams
- Support business development activities including the creation of client pitches and proposals to win new mandates
Examples of projects include;
- Financial and Operational Restructuring
- Balance Sheet Restructuring
- Asset Sales
- Cash & liquidity management and forecasting
- Cross-border wind-downs
- Preparation and validation of business plans for company management teams
- Detailed contract reviews
- Independent business reviews
- Short term cash flow forecasting frameworks
- Stakeholder reporting on PMO cost saving initiatives
- Profit Improvement (Sales Improvement and Cost Reduction)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance is essential
- MBA from an accredited university is preferred but not required
- Qualified accountant with a robust understanding of financial and analytical accounting (ratio analysis)
- Able and willing to travel to client sites, across the Nordic and European region, at short notice as part of the working week
- Native/fluent to a business level in both English and Norwegian (written & verbal). Other Nordic and European languages are also highly desirable
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- Robust operational know-how and analytical rigour – previous experience of performing initial rapid diagnostics into immediate and future operational issues, profitability, cost base, processes and options for performance improvement
- Building integrated financial models and possess strong Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Managing diverse and complex stakeholder groups in Restructuring situations
- Executing holistic performance improvement projects, understanding different kinds of Project Management Office (PMO) tools
- Leading work streams and managing team members ensuring effective delegation and leading the design and development of client deliverables with minimal supervision
- Working with operational and finance teams within large distressed organisations
- Building trusted, long term relationships with key stakeholders through the delivery of value added client engagements
- Business development activities including the creation of client pitches and proposals
In addition to the skills and qualities detailed above, the desired candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes;
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong facilitation skills, forging consensus around credible, executable solutions
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, impactful presenter
- Unbiased, fact-based approach to problem solving
- Guided by values and integrity, talks straight, builds confidence and shows by example.
Lifestyle and values
Attracted by our meritocratic culture and the opportunity to build a business with like-minded people, our employees have joined A&M from senior roles in industry and commerce, the Big 4, top tier strategy houses, private equity firms, hedge funds and financial services institutions. A&M is an outcome focused business founded on the values of objectivity, pragmatism and tangible and measurable success.
Our people have built their credentials through careers that combine experience in industry management and professional services. A&M has a proven track record of managing complex, high profile situations and delivery through world class expertise and excellence in execution. The culture of the business offers variety of skill, language, heritage and professional background and therefore is unique in terms of style and approach. This is a business where your colleagues are your best allies and ideally, your best friends. A business where good friendships thrive and trust is as true internally as with the client. Furthermore, the values of the business which include integrity and fun as well as just reward for great work comes to life when you become part of the team.
For a full list of our vacancies please go to our website - https://alvarezandmarsal.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/alvarezandmarsal
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.
Søk på Director, Operational & Financial Restructuring
Har du allerede lastet opp en CV? Logg på for å søke umiddelbart