Vice President Business Development
TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today, TOMRA has ~90,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of ~7,4 billion NOK in 2017. The Group employs ~3,500 globally, and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM). The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending and material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (recycling, mining and food sorting). For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com
The global mega trends are rapid urbanization and growing waste-related challenges, together with an increased focus on solutions and systems to support a circular economy approach whereby waste is reduced by reuse and recycling. More and more countries are now discussing how to improve their recycling rates, and how to reduce the land and ocean littering by plastics and other materials. The EU will release a document on Plastics Strategy in early 2018, and China is debating the introduction of Circular Economy at a national level. Introduction of a container deposit scheme (CDS) has proven to be the best possible solution to achieve high recycling rates and reduced littering. Lithuania introduced CDS in February 2016, and New South Wales/Australia will go live with their scheme on 1 December 2017. TOMRA Collection Solutions (TCS) currently has a 75% market share of Reverse Vending Machines, collecting 35 billion bottles and cans annually. This represents 2.2% of global beverage sales.
VP Business Development:
In the coming years, TOMRA Collection Solutions is expanding further in terms of geographies, new markets, new segments, new products and new digital solutions. In order to drive its successful growth agenda, we are now looking to strengthen the Business Development department with additional resources.
Our new VP Business Development will be the company’s lead in establishing and implementing strategic processes which develop TOMRA Collection Solutions in a growing global market. You will strengthen the management team of TCS with insight and knowledge, and develop new business opportunities. In this role you will also be an important player in the communication and endorsement of business opportunities in relation to Tomra´s board of directors.
The VP Business Development reports to the SVP Business Development at TOMRA Collection Solutions, and will be a part of a growing business development team, located at TOMRA HQ in Asker, Norway. The position requires 60 – 80 days of travel per year.
- Identify new business opportunities globally
- Analyse and understand business fundamentals, stakeholders and political/business decision-making processes
- Analyse and understand competitive scenarios
- Identify and quantify deficiencies in existing waste handling or collection systems and identify improvement areas
- Identify how to drive consumer engagement, social engagement, build awareness and drive collected volume
- Work together with SVP Business Development, EVP TCS and BU leaders to develop a business case, and then hand over to the business responsible for implementation and execution
- Support efficient strategy processes together with TCS management
- Develop TCS strategy plans together with SVP Business Development at TCS and the management team.
Personal qualifications and skills required:
- Analysis & Judgement, quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgements
- Vision & Strategy, develops an ambitious but realistic business vision and translates it into a workable strategy
- Initiative & Responsibility, acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Business Development, identifies and seizes commercial opportunities; has a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- Effective Communication, communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Constructive Teamwork, cooperates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- 3–7 years of experience from technology-driven business
- Worked international with business development in larger companies
- Experience of reporting to Head of Group/company boards
- Consultancy/advisor experience
- Experience of working with complex analysis, communication and documentation
- Financial understanding and skills, should be able to develop business plans/models including P&L for project
- Technical/financial education on MSc-level
- Fluent in English and Norwegian
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.