North Atlantic Seafood Forum (NASF) is the world's largest seafood conference. The event brings together more than 900 top seafood executives and delegates from across the industry, government and service providers for a 3-day conference in central Bergen. Over 100 speakers discuss the very latest industry developments in 12 major seminars.
NASF provides new and invaluable insight into the vital changes shaping the future of the seafood industry. Attendees will witness breaking news in innovative and commercial development, learn about the industry’s political and legislative directions and gain an understanding of the financial and economic issues affecting the markets. Within the broader event there are specialist focus seminars on Corporate Finance, parallel sessions for a variety of critical issues facing the industry, and many opportunities to connect with leading seafood companies from around the world.
This is a key role for the next generation of event leader who can work with the world's biggest seafood companies to deliver a platform for knowledge sharing, discussion and change.
The Managing Director will assume comprehensive leadership and management responsibility for the business, including business development, strategic planning and implementation, and P&L responsibility. As a leader, the Managing Director will spend the majority of his/her time on conference project management and liaising with key stakeholders. This includes monitoring trends and developments across targeted industries, identifying growth opportunities and directing the strategic development and production of the NASF conference. This position reports to the board, and will be co-located together with Pareto in Oslo.
Responsibilities Product Development & Management
- Monitor trends and developments across the global seafood industry.
- Identify growth opportunities.
- Direct strategic development of the NASF conference, with timely relevant programs.
- Increase revenues by developing existing business categories to their full potential.
- Coordinate all event operations in advance of, during and following the conference.
- Manage the requirements, target audience and objectives for the entire event.
- Oversee all marketing and promotional activity.
- Coordinate with all vendors and service providers/caterers.
- Use networking skills to develop new business and increase revenue in key vertical markets.
- Build and maintain working relationships with industry leaders, senior executives and media.
- Stay abreast of trends by reading relevant publications and monitor direct and indirect competitive activity.
- Evaluate the performance, processes, structure and design of the conference.
- Adhere to the performance management process including recruitment, training, career development, and annual employee evaluations within company guidelines.
- Responsible for P&L.
- Responsible for increasing revenue and improving the overall profitability of business.
- Review monthly financial reports and investigate exceptions; make recommendations for cost control, operational efficiencies and performance improvements.
- Prepare written reports and respond to regular financial results for review by the board; provide explanation for performance against all critical success factors of business, including current and future conference production targets and corresponding action plans to address challenges and deficiencies to ensure production and profit targets are met.
- Update and review strategic development goals.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Participate in the annual business planning process and the development of the strategic plan under the direction of the board.
- Execute the business plan in accordance with critical business objectives; report on progress, execution and achievement of goals.
- Proven experience with managing events
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge and strong network within the Seafood Industry
The right candidate should enjoy selling and negotiating; finding it easy to persuade others; influence others and win their support. You will come across as very confident and self-assured even in unfamiliar situations and groups; feeling at ease during presentations and formal events. You should be talkative, lively and sociable; enjoy being in groups; entertaining others and have a wide network of contacts. You are team-oriented and considerate; enjoy working with others; are supportive and pleasant to be with and very pragmatic and target-oriented in approach. You focus on reaching results, solving problems fast and effectively. You are the type to take care in following standard procedures, always respecting rules and regulations. You see the job through to the end and pay close attention to quality issues. You really enjoy working with concepts, models and strategies, you like and seek intellectual challenges and are naturally ambitious.
- Salary and options - commensurate with experience.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.