Head of Accounting & Controlling
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world. In a proactive move to build for the future, Wallenius Wilhelmsen was established in April 2017, creating an efficient and agile ownership and governance structure to enable operational synergies and as well as expansion into new areas of the logistics industry. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. The group is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with 7.500 employees in 29 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership skills as well as very high competence within accounting and controlling. To fill the role as Head of Accounting and Controlling you need both analytical and communicative skills and be able to lead a large team in WWL. To strengthen the organization and ensure process quality, WWL is searching for a structured personality and a problem-solving person to take responsibility for accounting and controlling in the Group overall. The role reports to the CFO.
- lead, develop and motivate the team, including to ensure that the Accounting & Controlling function holds the necessary competence and capacity to meet the Group’s needs
- Accounting & Controlling policy, process and system owner, including consolidation and reporting tools
- ensuring an adequate system portfolio to support all phases of the Accounting & Controlling processes
- overall responsible for development of relevant financial reporting including group KPI's
- overall responsible for the Group’s forecasting, performance and deviation analysis
- support the IR function as well as internal control and audits
- establish and follow-up appropriate corrective action procedures and programs
- ensure quality in reporting and forecast processes and function
- main contact point for external auditors and secretary for Board Audit Committee (BAC) and responsible for preparation of documentation for BAC
- higher education, preferably a degree in business administration, professional accounting (MRR) or similar
- solid experience within accounting, controlling, international financial consolidation or other similar
- experience from turn-arounds, change management and other stock listed companies is an advantage
- strong IFRS competence and experience
- knowledge of the RORO industry and experience from shipping is an advantage
- fluent in English, both written and oral
To succeed in this position, you should have strong leadership, teambuilding, and networking capabilities. To communicate complex issues in a clear and understandable way is essential. Additionally, you can operate within complex stakeholder environments and across geographies and business cultures.
- demanding and rewarding responsibility and tasks in a strong and well-respected company within a global business
- great corporate culture within an international work environment and enthusiastic colleagues
- excellent benefits and flexible work hours
- modern and central office premises at Lysaker
For questions please contact Anne Hilde Nilsen, Partner at FinancePeople, on mobile 975 89 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.