Western Bulk (WB) is seeking an Analyst to join the Risk and Business Analysis Team in Oslo
Western Bulk is one of the world's leading commercial operators of medium-sized dry bulk vessels, running a fleet of about 140 vessels worldwide. The company's 105 employees include 20 different nationalities across our offices in Oslo, Singapore, Santiago de Chile, Seattle and Casablanca.
Through our global trading pattern and operational expertise, Western Bulk seeks to offer flexible, high-quality freight services to its customers. The company is structured around six independent business units that operate as decentralized profit centres, using ships, cargoes and derivatives to create a trading margin through relationships, good vessel operations, directional play and arbitrage in the market. A combination of a strong commercial culture and the use of analytical methods has made Western Bulk into a cutting-edge freight trading company that has an established track record of robust results through the market cycle.
For more information, see www.westernbulk.com
Risk management is a central part of WB's trading model, and the Risk & Business Analysis team is responsible for monitoring and managing market-, credit- and liquidity risk, as well as using data and business intelligence tools to gain insight and help WB maintain a market edge. We are now looking for an Analyst who will be an important part of the team.
- run inhouse Risk models, which are key tools for managing market exposure and risk levels
- support business units with advice on their market position for both freight and bunkers
- evaluate and monitor overall exposures, hedging and ensure risk limits (Value at Risk) are adhered to
- analyse and decompose voyage results
- manage derivatives process in close dialogue with trading manager
- develop and improve models used for managing market risk
- ad hoc analysis
- master's degree within quantitative subjects, such as Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Finance or similar
- 1 to 4 years relevant work experience
- strong quantitative and analytical skills
- interest in dry bulk shipping, commodity markets, risk management and analysis, with a good understanding of market dynamics
- advanced user of MS Excel, with knowledge of VBA and preferably programming
- strong English skills, both oral and written
- structured approach to work & projects, with ability to deliver high quality results
- confidence to discuss complex topics with business units and management and challenge the status quo
- commercial mindset
- high working capacity, multi-task efficiently and manage priorities
- can work both independently and in a team environment
Western Bulk can offer a result-driven, transparent and highly flexible workplace with a flat structure and progressive culture that reflects the Scandinavian heritage of the company. We offer modern and central office facilities.
Our advisor John Ola Solheim in FinancePeople will be able to give you additional information about the position. He can be reached on +47 909 91 137 / email@example.com.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.