Key Position in CFO Team
Key position in the CFO team of exciting company within the shipping industry
Western Bulk is one of the world's leading commercial operators of medium-sized dry bulk vessels, running a fleet of about 140 vessels worldwide. The company's 105 employees include 20 different nationalities across our offices in Oslo, Singapore, Santiago de Chile, Seattle and Casablanca. Through our global trading pattern and operational expertise, Western Bulk seeks to offer flexible, high-quality freight services to its customers.
The company is structured around six independent business units that operate as decentralized profit centres, using ships, cargoes and derivatives to create a trading margin through relationships, good vessel operations, directional play and arbitrage in the market. A combination of a strong commercial culture and the use of analytical methods has made Western Bulk into a cutting-edge freight trading company that has an established track record of robust results through the market cycle. For more information, see www.westernbulk.com
Western Bulk is seeking an ambitious, experienced individual to work closely with the CFO in Oslo. You will be structuring and analyzing data to improve decision-making, actively contribute to the company’s strategy process and manage projects to deliver on the company’s priorities. You will play an important role in bringing the organization forward with focus on delivering tangible results. The position requires sound business understanding, people and analytical skills, as well as experience with project management.
- utilize the groups vast amount of data to identify areas of improvement
- work together with and support the business units in identifying and realizing potential areas of improvement
- actively contribute to the company’s strategy process with framework, analysis and insight
- manage and take active part in delivering on projects related to performance improvement
- develop KPIs to track performance development
- master’s degree in business, economics or similar
- 5 to 8 years relevant working experience, preferably as management consultant, advisor, project manager or similar
- ability to structure complex problems and highlight insight from a vast amount of data with several variables
- experience from managing projects with a track record of delivering tangible, implemented results
- experience from the maritime industry is preferred but not a prerequisite
- excellent English skills, both oral and written
- good cooperation skills combined with self-confidence and persistence
- solid analytical skills combined with curiosity, and a commercial and business-driven mindset
- self-driven and proactive
- identify with Western Bulk’s values; Agile, Risk Aware, Reliable and Entrepreneurial
- unique opportunity for a central, business oriented position in a global and market leading company within the maritime industry
- a result-driven, transparent and highly flexible workplace with a flat structure and progressive culture
- modern and central office facilities in Oslo
Our advisor John Ola Solheim in FinancePeople will be able to give you additional information about the position. He can be reached on +47 909 91 137 / email@example.com.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.