Manager Media Relations
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Corporate communication (CCOM) aims to be an internationally leading communication unit. We build knowledge, reputation and pride to support Equinor’s business strategy and realise the corporate vision
The processes of planning, developing and managing Equinor’s relations to media are closely integrated parts of the overall communications effort. The media relations (MR) function reports to SVP Corporate Communication. The MR-team forms the central “press office” in charge of corporate media activities - in close cooperation and coordination with the communications teams in the business areas (BAs) and other functions.
The position as manager for financial communication will report to VP media relations and be part of the CFO management team. We seek a candidate with a solid competence and experience from the upstream industry, corporate communications, and with a specific interest for and background from financial communication. The person will work closely with the CFO organisation, investor relations (IR) team, CEO office and the communication teams in the BAs in the development, planning and execution of Equinor’s financial communication. The objective is to build a broader interest and understanding for the external and internal drivers behind Equinor’s business development and performance. The right candidate will be capable of developing and executing strategies for financial communication, develop key messaging, build high level presentation material and support the broader effort to position Equinor as a leading industry player.
- Support the organisation in internal and external communication efforts to further strengthen Equinor’s performance culture and broaden the understanding of Equinor’s value creation
- Be part of the CCOM media relations team and the CFO management team.
- Work with the CFO organisation, IR team, CEO office and the BAs to develop messaging and material for the presentation of Equinor’s quarterly results, yearly capital market updates and other relevant events
- Provide communication advise and support to management within the area of financial communication
- Support the effort to enhance and expand long term relations to national and international financial media
- Contribute to develop and communicate Equinor’s position on current and emerging issues in alignment with corporate values
Work location: Stavanger, Oslo or Bergen
- Relevant background and experience from corporate and financial communication, advantage with upstream oil and gas experience
- Master's degree within finance or equivalent
- Fluency in English and Norwegian
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience preferred.
- PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Clear and direct communication abilities
- Strategic and analytical capabilities
- Result oriented
- Strong relationship skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Solid judgement and ability to make decisions in demanding situations
- Hands-on, ability to get the job done
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
If you have questions about the position or the process please send an email to email@example.com
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.