Global Process Owner Direct Tax
As part of the Global Shared Services central organisation, the role will be responsible for ensuring globally consistent direct tax services and internal controls are executed to an acceptable standard of quality across DNV GL’s global operations.
The GPO must have insight and interest in multinational groups’ tax and accounting matters – and a want to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
The GPO has service delivery and quality responsibility for DNV GL legal entities’:
- Tax financial reporting
- Corporate Income Tax filing
- Transfer pricing documentation
- Withholding tax
- Commercial tax advice to business areas
- Tax audit and tax authority dialogues
The execution of the aforesaid activities is the responsibility of GSS Regional Tax Managers. The GPO will work closely with them, as well as with Group Tax on strategic and governance matters, including risk analysis.
The GPO will play a key role in updating and documenting DNV GL’s tax operating model for the execution and monitoring the effectiveness of tax compliance activities in the regions. He or she will have the project management of the ongoing transition to One Global Service Provider for tax compliance and be DNV GL’s contact point with the chosen external service provider. Further, the GPO will also be involved in following up and developing compliance models for high-risk countries and the interface between tax and other relevant GSS functions - for instance IT, HR and mobility.
GSS Finance organisation in DNV GL is about bringing a team of true finance service experts together, monitoring the execution of professional service levels at agreed standards, and offering centres of expertise for competence based advisory financial services. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas through the consistent delivery of high-quality services. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment and in return receive good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
The GPO Direct Tax will be responsible for the following tasks in the GSS Finance Central team:
- Standardize policies, processes, and data for organizational alignment.
- Document future business processes. Evaluate best practices in order to convert current processes into a standardized “To Be” design.
- Develop working practice documentations on specific tax and accounting areas which involve global, regional, and local processes.
- Monitor a standard dashboard and reporting package to ensure updated feedback and delivery of the agreed service levels in the regions.
- Maintain a global process expert network for development, implementation, support and experience exchange.
- Work closely with Group Tax and Group Accounting to ensure that the future process design is in compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- Academic degree (M.A.) in business studies or comparable qualification. Tax qualifications is an advantage.
- Professional international experience in controlling, finance, (cost) accounting or similar.
- Experience in process optimization related to handling of direct taxes.
- Excellent communication skills and cultural awareness.
- Positive attitude, customer centric mind-set and willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals.
- Capable of building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong team player and leader, capable and confident to drive for continual improvement.
- Structured and analytical mind-set focussed on solution-oriented thinking and taking a pragmatic approach to delivering results.
- Good English language skills (both oral & written).
- Experience of operating within customer focussed and/or business area finance teams.
- Gravitas that comes with the experience of dealing with senior business cooperation partners.
Please contact Gro.Hilde.Kind@dnvgl.com (GSS Global Process Owner - Tax & Compliance) or
Hanne.Syrstad@dnvgl.com (Global Process Owner Indirect Tax) if you have any questions. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification and supply chain services to customers across a wide range of industries. Operating in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.