Norkon is looking for an excellent front-end developer to join our team
What we do
Norkon helps financial institutions and media companies succeed with their digital transformations by providing real-time, cloud-based solutions that engage their customers in new ways. With our financial market solution Pulse, and our live news solution Live Center, we solve a unique set of challenges for our customers, including Dagens Næringsliv, Dagbladet Børsen and The Telegraph. As experts in financial news technology, we sit at the intersection of the financial and media industry, where we excel by combining our finance knowledge with effective visual and interactive communication.
In this position, you will work closely and directly with our solutions at all phases of their development, collaborating with the rest of the team to develop user- and customer-centric solutions. We work in a rapid development environment with quick, collaborative decision making, where you will get the chance to help shape the look and feel our solutions.
As a professional you’re positive, creative and aim to exceed expectations. You understand the importance of thorough development, testing and product ownership. You are familiar with working in teams.
What and Who you’ll be working with
- All members of our team and customers
- Build customized, high-quality consumer-facing web applications while ensuring compatibility across multiple browsers and platforms
- Working and communicating equally well with designers and the back-end team
- Write clean and testable code
- Proactively contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement
- Develop, maintain and improve front-end testing suites (functional, visual, and integration) to protect against regressions and ensure project stability
- Be able to work independently on specific projects
- Developing a thorough understanding of our technology
- Analyzing existing solutions, templates, and interfaces and identify areas of improvement
- Ability to easily move between middle-tier and front-end technologies
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Familiarity with visualization libraries and charting
- Deep understanding of front-end performance optimization tooling & techniques
- Comfortable working with design artifacts and leveraging cooperative, shared tooling (InVision, Sketch, Zeplin, etc)
- Being a part of a team of motivated, skilled, and entrepreneurial people at a leading Norwegian technology company
- Freedom to try out your own ideas as a part of a supportive and fast-moving organization
- Fast decision making with room for experimentation
- Working with some of the leading media groups and financial services companies in Scandinavia and Europe
- Competitive salary
- 10 % creative time to work on your own projects
- Attendance to seminars and access to relevant education
- Performance equipment and gear
Who we are
Norkon is a real-time technology company specializing in streaming data, big data visualization, and financial data analysis. Our core technology has been developed and refined since the company’s inception in 2014 and today we work with some of Europe’s largest media groups delivering solutions which helps them engage their users in new and exciting ways. Pursuing our goal of becoming a world leader in real-time financial news technology, we are in a rapidly expansive phase and are looking for a passionate colleague to join us in our exciting journey!
To see some of our work, check out https://www.norkon.net/Projects