Skretting has a vacancy as Data Scientist. The position will report to AquaSim Modelling Manager and will be part of Skretting Global Marketing team.
The position will suit someone who is capable of developing models for aquatic animal production and conducting data science. We're looking for someone who is competent and willing to learn the aquaculture business.
Skretting is the global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 19 countries on five continents, and manufactures and delivers high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is more than 2 million tonnes. The head office is located in Stavanger, Norway.
Tasks & responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop new and improve existing growth models, Feed Convertion Models, mortality patterns and other related models for fish and shrimp
- Incorporate environmental data into farming models
- Develop models to simulate recirculation aquaculture system (RAS) farming and water treatment
- Develop image analysis (pattern recognition) for health status evaluation of shrimp and fish
- Work with external partners on sound recognition in pond farming
- Develop economical simulation models for farming
- Collaborate with researchers to run trials and collect data in relevant cases
- Support business with implementation of AquaSim
- University degree in modelling / machine learning / statistics, mathematics, physics or equivalent
- Experience with and/or a strong interest in developing algorithms and scientific programming.
- Practice with one or more core data science programming languages
- Knowledge with techniques and tools for data science, data analytics and statistics
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure
- 3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skill in English, both verbal and written. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Fluent communication in Spanish is an advantage but not an requirement
- Personal drive, result-oriented, proactive
- Open minded and curious for new development, can-do attitude and willing to learn, dare to challenge status quo
- Flexible, persuasive, and culturally sensitive
- Ability to work in teams and across cultures
We can offer:
- Challenging and exciting tasks in a global work environment
- A dynamic, informal and collaborative working environment with high energy and skilled colleagues
- Opportunity to learn, develop and grow
- Competitive remuneration package
Location: The position is located at Skretting head office in Stavanger, Norway Om arbeidsgiveren
Skretting is the global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions for the aquaculture industry. We deliver outstanding feeds and services worldwide for sustainable production of healthy and delicious fish and shrimp. The company has production in 19 countries on five continents with 3,000 employees. The global headquarter is in Stavanger, Norway. Skretting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nutreco, a global leader in animal nutrition and fish and shrimp feed.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.