Digital capabilities - New technologies - Complex projects
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has 7500 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC.
The company operates around 130 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 77 processing centres, and 13 marine terminals.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
For a newly established position in our Marine Operations team we are now seeking an Electrical Engineer
We are searching for an Electrical Engineer to strengthen our Marine Operations Management team at Lysaker office in Norway. The team of currently six is responsible for the technical management, operational and technical standards and performance of a fleet of 80 percent and roro vessels trading globally.
The electrical engineer will be discipline lead in projects related to the current fleet, as well as in future newbuilding projects. We are presently building up the digital capabilities of the fleet, and this role will be key in ensuring that reliable and sufficient data is captured from the vessels.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Lead projects and studies within own area of expertise
- Support ship managers in root cause analyses and trouble-shooting
- Discipline lead in ongoing projects
- Drive the work for digital shift on the vessels related to sensor technology, data transfer and collection
- Monitor technology and vendor interface
- Assess of investment cases and upgrades
- Manage fleet standard on sensors and instrumentation
- MSc Degree in electrical engineering, alternatively BSc Degree with some years of relevant experience
- 5-7 years relevant professional experience, preferably from the maritime industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Deep insight in instrumentation, sensors, signal processing and protocols, control- and automation systems and wireless technology
- IT literacy
- You are curious, creative and analytical
- You can work individually as well as in teams
- You enjoy challenging conventional ways of thinking and introducing new ideas
- You enjoy fast pace and continuous changes and can collaborate across time zones and cultures
- You have a digital mindset and are up to date on new technologies
- You have project management skills and experience
The ideal candidate has 5-7 years relevant working experience from shipping or offshore industry and hold a strong academic background in Electrical Engineering. The candidate can demonstrate a successful track record of team collaboration and execution ability for complex projects. Interest and ability to work in a multi-cultural working environment will be a prerequisite.
This role reports to the SVP of Marine Operations and will drive her/his own projects, as well as continuously supporting the team and the fleet within area of expertise.
What you can expect working in Wallenius Wilhelmsen
You can expect hard work, a lot of fun and to be challenged every day. In return we promise you will be part of an exciting journey. Your initiative and desire to contribute in developing the company globally are expected and appreciated. We strongly believe that our team of people want to do their best. All in the spirit of being the leading company in their industry, and always striving to take an active role in defining the future of logistics, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
Does this sound like you? Then we are looking forward to learning more about your motivation in your application letter. For more information about the position please contact our advisor Jonny Arnesen in Compass Human Resources at tel: +47 924 96 992. Please submit your application and CV in English by clicking on the application button as soon as possible and no later than May 1st, 2019.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.