Portfolio Analysts, Decision Science Analysts and Senior Analysts
PRA Group is searching for Portfolio Analysts, Decision Science Analysts and Senior Analysts. The positions performs a wide range of analytical and data management work from pricing portfolios that PRA Group consider to invest in, and develop and improve analytical models and techniques to optimize returns. The positions will be based in PRA Group’s European head office in Oslo with the opportunity to transfer to our other analytical hubs in London (Bromley) or Kilmarnock (Scotland).
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Successfully contribute and deliver to our advanced environment of analysts to accurately value portfolios for investment and increase profit on previous purchases
- Use machine learning and advanced analytical techniques (KNN, XGBoost, etc.) to increase prediction accuracy
- Continuously improve our existing models and create new tools/models for analysis and valuate potential accounts / portfolios. Test and validate results
- Present and explain valuations and predictions to Investment Committee and Stakeholders
- Dig into data and raw information through statistical analysis to discover trends and patterns that can be used to extract valuable business insights
- Develop predictive models, e.g. Scorecards, using statistical tools and techniques to increase efficiency and net collections for markets within PRA Group Europe
- Work with the local operational team(s) to identify requirements for predictive models to improve our collections strategy and profit
- Contribute to PRA Group Analytical Labs to keep pushing the boundaries in modelling, predictive analytics and business insights ensuring PRA Group is taking advantage of the latest developments in Data Science and analytics
- Proven experience in applying machine learning algorithms
- Significant experience working with large data sets and using quantitative analysis/modeling to drive business results
- Experience in using statistical computing languages R, Python or SAS to manipulate data and draw insights from those data sets
- Experience with databases (SQL) would be beneficial
- Experience and interest in model development
- High level of integrity and dependability with results-orientation and a strong sense of urgency
- Thorough understanding of quantitative analysis preferably from banking and finance industry
- Ability to communicate and interact with various people at all levels and to present your findings, i.e. be able to explain complex problems in an easy way to non-analysts
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
Master's degree in Math/ Statistics/Computer Science/ Engineering /Finance or similar
- Fluent English both written and oral
- Preferably a second or third language in Spanish, Polish or Italian.
What PRA Group can offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunity to join a market leader company
- Be a part of the industry’s cutting edge analytics team, where using data and analytics guide business decisions to achieve success
- Opportunity to exchange knowledge and ideas with more than 50 analysts across PRA Group Europe
- Opportunity to travel to our different offices abroad like Madrid, London, Warsaw, Padua, etc
- Central location in modern offices in Bjørvika
PRA Group (Nasdaq: PRAA) is a world leader in acquiring non-performing consumer debt.
PRA Group is an integral part of the financial receivables lifecycle. We return capital to global financial services companies, strengthening their ability to lend and more attractively price credit for consumers. PRA has been recognized as one of Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies. Since 2007, the company also has been annually ranked as a Forbes' Best Small Company in America.
PRA Group Europe, previously Aktiv Kapital, is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. It is one of the largest investors in non-performing credit portfolios in Europe with more than 7 million customers in fourteen countries. It has acquired over EUR 20 billion in consumer debts from over 400 originators.
For more information about PRA Group, please visit: www.pragroup.com
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.