Seram Coatings AS is a start-up company with significant growth potential. The company is based on a patented, ground-breaking university invention, enabling silicon carbide (SiC) to be thermally sprayed for the first time. The company has 10 employees and has recently relocated to Herøya, Porsgrunn, Norway. Seram Coatings AS is now in the process of qualifying the product in several markets and expects significant growth with international customers. The company has won numerous awards and gained a lot of attraction. To lead the company into and through the high-growth phase, the company is now looking for an experienced, high-performing CEO.
SiC is a synthetic material well-known for being extremely hard and wear resistant, performing well in harsh environments and at high temperatures. SiC is also low-weight and anti-corrosive, which opens up new applications for thermal spray coatings.
The company is currently structured in a sales unit and production unit. The sales and the production manager are reporting to the present CEO. The company has an independent R&D in Trondheim headed by the inventor of the product. The workforce has excellent technical skills and is multinational. The organization structure will be reviewed.
What the CEO shall deliver:
- Developing and executing the business plan - create business opportunities
- Technical sales and product qualification in co-development with customers incl. partnering strategy
- Strong focus on HSE, capital efficiency, operational excellence, and compliance.
- Achieve positive cash-flow
- Drive industrial upscaling based on market demand
- High quality project reports to different stakeholders such as governmental bodies, and EU.
- Organizational development ensuring the right structure, processes, and accountabilities.
- Develop a strong performance oriented, collaborative, and innovative company culture.
- Product and application qualifications – ideally within thermal spray consumables, equipment and/or service.
- Powder manufacturing, with focus on composite materials.
- Operational excellence and optimization of production processes.
- Leadership of innovate technology.
- Financial reporting.
Knowledge – skills required:
- Ability to identify potential customers and applications for current and future products.
- Experience based on qualification of technical products in conservative markets
- Strong commercialization and technical skills.
- English fluency - both spoken and written.
- MSc or PhD level from a recognized university.
Personal qualities required:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Able to build strong relationship with all stakeholders.
- Team oriented - able to implement a “one team” collaborative company spirit.
- Open - willing to listen and change direction when needed.
- Humble, but confident enough to challenge accepted truths on every level.
- Commercial mind-set and cost conscious.
- Ethical and responsible mindset
Place of work:
- Herøya, Porsgrunn, Norway. Extensive international travel will be required.
For further information, please contact Lars Petter Maltby, Member of the Board of Directors, Seram Coatings AS
(mobile: + 47 915 60 009 - mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
or our advisor Jens R. Jenssen
(mobile: + 47 480 80 290 - mail: email@example.com)
Application deadline May 31.
Please forward you application with CV to Lars Petter Maltby - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.
Søk på CEO
Har du allerede lastet opp en CV? Logg på for å søke umiddelbart