Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totalling around 9,600 billion kroner (1 trillion dollar). Their mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. They operate in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. They are around 585 people of more than 35 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Portfolio Manager – Unlisted Renewable Energy Infrastructure
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated professional for a role as Portfolio Manager in the Renewable Energy Infrastructure Team. The team is an integral part of Norges Bank Investment Management’s Equity investment area and is responsible for the build-up of Norges Bank Investment Management portfolio of unlisted investments in renewable energy infrastructure assets.
The investment mandate to Norges Bank Investment Management will include the ability to invest in unlisted renewable energy infrastructure from 1 January 2020. The investment strategy will initially focus on establishing joint ventures partnerships related to wind and solar assets in Europe and the United States.
Your role will be material in the group’s efforts to source, invest and hold equity and/or debt interests in renewable infrastructure.
The position is in Oslo. Travel will be required.
- Sourcing and analyzing investment opportunities
- Identifying, negotiating and establishing joint venture relationships and investment platforms
- Developing and maintaining relationships with partners and other third parties
- Monitoring investments and relationships
- Leading and executing transactions
- Driving the investment process
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients and stakeholders
- Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing team with a focus on results
- Represent Norges Bank Investment Management on portfolio Boards
- Master’s degree with strong academic records
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in investments, of which minimum 5 years related to renewable infrastructure as a principal
- An identifiable track record as both a relationship builder and originator
- Experience investing in joint venture structures
- Past experience investing in both equity and debt is an advantage
- Accomplished negotiator, demonstrated results and commitment to long term goals
- Extensive financial modelling skills
- Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
- Ambition to excel
- High level of integrity
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Disclosure of applicants
A list of applicants for the position in question will be prepared. This list may be publicly disclosed in accordance with paragraph 25.2 of the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act.
You may request to have information such as your name exempted from public disclosure if you have particular grounds for such an exemption. If you wish for your name to be exempted from public disclosure, you must write "I do not want my name included in the list of applicants" on the application.
Please note that information about an applicant may be disclosed even if the applicant has requested that his or her name not be included on an applicant list subject to public disclosure.
If your request for exclusion from an applicant list subject to public disclosure is not granted, you will be notified before the list can be disclosed to enable you to withdraw your application.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Boyden Global Executive Search Oslo;
Bjørn Håkon Bærug; email email@example.com; phone m) +47 97 07 59 41, or
Birger M. Svendsen; email firstname.lastname@example.org; phone m) +47 91 75 38 57
Applications should be sent to; email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 25th September 2019
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.