Group Financial Controller
Are you a skilled and dedicated Auditor or Controller who would like to work for a fast paced international company?
Founded in 1995 in Norway, Opera delivers browsers, AI-driven digital content platforms and fintech services to more than 350 million people worldwide. The company remains one of the most innovative browser creators in the world. While our history spans more than 20 years, we are in many ways a new company. We have big ambitions for the future and are always up to something new. We are a company of approximately 550 people, headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with major offices in Poland, China and Sweden, as well as presence in 13 additional countries.
In 2018, Opera completed an initial public offering on Nasdaq. As a US-listed and growing company, we are in the process of strengthening our group finance team with a Group Financial Controller, preferably from a Big 4 accounting firm or from a similar position in a publicly listed company.
The group finance team is responsible for preparing consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS. As Financial Controller in that team, you will have several areas of responsibilities, including identifying and addressing accounting issues, consolidation, participate in preparation of annual financial statements and quarterly earnings releases, analysis and continuously improving related processes. Ensuring adequate internal control over financial reporting is inherent in everything the group finance team does and together with the team you will continuously improve the design of internal controls to address identified risks.
You will have the opportunity to contribute in different projects across the finance department and use your knowledge and skills in a dynamic and exciting work environment, you will also be able to build and influence the way we work.
Areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the group technical consolidation
- Maintaining and improving the consolidation system (Oracle’s Financial Consolidation and Close)
- Researching and resolving accounting issues under IFRS
- Tax calculation for group entities
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and tax papers for the group’s Norwegian entities
- Executing and continuously improving internal controls over financial reporting
The position will report to Senior Director Financial Reporting.
- Master's degree in accounting and auditing (MRR) or similar
- Experience from audit and/or financial reporting, preferably from a Big 4 accounting firm or from similar positions in a publicly listed company
- Experience with group accounting and consolidation
- Knowledge of and interest in IFRS
- A plus if you also have knowledge of SOX
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (Norwegian is a plus)
Required personal skills:
- Structured, analytical and with ability to see the bigger picture
- Ambitious and eager to learn
- Flexible and with an open mindset
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced international environment
- Team player who appreciates working in an environment where we work together for common goals
You will be working in a team of highly skilled and motivated colleagues. You will be offered an exciting and challenging role with broad exposure and possibility of personal and professional career development within the organization. The positions may require some travelling.
In November we relocate to our new office at Vitaminveien 4 at Storo.
We care about the internet, about open standards, and about people. We love to innovate. We enjoy uncovering the new, the unexpected. We believe that new technologies and simplicity are one side of the coin, and a beautiful design is the language our user-friendly products speak. We admire and are inspired by the people who go the extra mile and never stop. That’s who we are.
For more information or questions about the position, please contact our advisors in FABi, Camilla Lehne, phone: +47 930 06 255, or Marthe Richardsen, phone: +47 971 92 123.
Applications are treated confidentially and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Kindly note that you must submit your application and CV in English in order to be considered for the position.
Fabi er et konsulent- og rekrutteringsselskap med spesialisering innen økonomi, regnskap, finans og digital, som tilbyr tjenestene rekruttering, konsulentutleie og management for hire. Fabi har siden 1995 vært er et ledende selskap innen sitt segment, og kjennetegnes av kundefokus, god kunnskap om kandidatmarkedet og dyktige ansatte. Fabi har kontorer i Stavanger og Oslo.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.