Vice President Energy Transition & Projects
Energy Valley is a globally recognized technology cluster and Norwegian Centre of Expertise (NCE) in energy technology with a centre of gravity in the greater capital region of Norway. The Energy Valley cluster and the surrounding eco-system is a driving force to accelerate the energy transition. Future value creation, energy technology development and new business opportunities is important for Norway to take a leading position also in a sustainable and renewable future.
Cooperation and strategic dialogue between business and industry, academia, start-ups, investors, and government, is crucial to identify solutions, develop strategies and implement pilot projects to manage a successful energy transition.
Energy Valley is seeking an exceptional leader who will help deliver on a vision of being the world’s leading energy technology cluster and “deliver the energy transition”.
The Vice President Energy Transition & Projects, reporting to the Managing Director, leads the development of strategic business opportunities with a special focus on digital, renewable, and sustainable energy in alignment with the clusters strategic vision and plans. The role is responsible for seeking and responding to opportunities and projects, such as strategic partnerships with industry, community organizations/stakeholders and governmental/political entities.
The VP is overall responsible for the initiation, development, management and evaluation of the project portfolio and initiatives. The VP leads the strategic planning process for initiatives within digital, renewable, and sustainable energy, and shall generate new, innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to projects, cluster offerings, potential partnerships and other services.
The VP directs activities regarding Energy Valley’s business partnerships such as private/public relationships, new business opportunities and capacity expansion initiatives within the defined areas as mentioned.
The VP provides vision and leadership to the Managing Director (MD) and the Board, including strategic planning initiatives and contributions, goal setting and growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate has strong commercial and technical capabilities and insights.
You will excel at creating new business opportunities for the cluster members and the surrounding eco-system through stakeholder relationships and in-depth knowledge of trends and developments shaping the energy future. Candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and abilities will excel in this role:
- A focus on Energy Transition and a thorough understanding of the trends and drivers that are shaping the Energy industry, particularly its commercial aspects
- An intellectual curiosity and drive to explore and address challenges and opportunities
- A positive mind-set and the ability to build strategic relationships
- Experience within consulting or similar with a strong knowledge of development and management processes is important.
- A proven track record of growing business opportunities within the energy/consulting space is a plus
- Ensure proper resource management and development of project portfolio
- Generate innovative ideas, approaches, and projects to energy industry issues
- Relevant university / master’s degree
- Fluent in Norwegian and English, verbally and written
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV and Application Letter to email@example.com. Please mark your submission “Energy Valley - Vice President Energy Transition & Projects”.
Application deadline: 27. September 2020.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.
Søk på Vice President Energy Transition & Projects
Har du allerede lastet opp en CV? Logg på for å søke umiddelbart