TGS is the world’s largest geoscience data company, known for its asset-light, multi-client business model and global data library.
TGS employs approximately 500 employees and has its corporate headquarters in Skøyen, Norway and its operational headquarters in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. The company’s other main offices are in London and Perth, with further employees located in other cities around the globe. The company’s stock is traded on the Oslo Stock Exchange and is part of the OBX Index (25 most liquid shares at the OSE). TGS’ primary business is to provide geoscience data to energy companies worldwide. The company offers extensive global libraries that include seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, multi-beam and coring data, digital well logs and production data. Additionally, we offer advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products and data integration solutions.
TGS is looking for a Group Controller who want to contribute in developing the company's finance function to the next level. The Group Controller will be part of the Corporate Finance and Accounting team consisting of 20 employees and report to Group Accounting Director.
TGS is characterized by a high pace and activity, and we are looking for the right candidate who see this as an exciting opportunity. You thrive in an international environment, are ambitious but at the same time team-focused, and like to work with a wide set of tasks.
There are great development opportunities in the company for the right candidate.
- Responsible for drafting Quarterly and Annual Reports in close collaboration with Group Controller responsible for consolidation and the Group Accounting Director
- Responsible for certain Group Accounting areas (i.e. IFRS16 Leases, LTIP Accounting etc.)
- Professional support for the Shared Service Center in accounting issues in the company and responsible for memos of applied accounting principles
- Responsible for the documentation of internal controls and finance manual
- Continuously support in improving the procedures and processes in the Global Accounting function
Qualifications; skills and competencies
- Higher financial education at master's level, preferably Master's in Accounting and Auditing
- Minimum 5 years of experience from auditing and / or other relevant experience
from a similar position
- Solid accounting understanding and good IFRS knowledge
- Good Excel competence
- Strong English skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- Flexible and robust, with a positive attitude
What we offer
To the right candidate, we can offer a professionally challenging and varied position in a company with high ambitions. You will work in a global work environment with a flat and informal structure. There will be opportunities for professional and personal development in a position that offers varied work tasks.
For more information, please contact
Jonny Arnesen in Compass Human Resources on
telephone +47 92496992 or
Anne Qvenild in Compass Human Resources on
telephone +47 97723235.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.