Chief Data Officer
Arendals Fossekompani (AFK) has established the new company Alytic, initially wholly owned by AFK, to transform a wide range of data-driven companies that offers key decision support to their respective industries. Capitalizing on the experience from transforming similar businesses, Alytic will serve as a new growth arena for AFK.
Alytic is looking to invest in data-driven businesses in need of transformation and scale.
Kontali is the first company in the Alytic portfolio, but they expect more to follow. Alytic has already identified a number of companies with products relevant to global markets in targeted segments and industries.
About the Role
The Chief Data Officer will be responsible for building data scientist environments in the portfolio companies of Alytic. This entails close collaboration with management in portfolio companies to ideate and help them make existing products data-driven, automatise work processes and develop new products and service lines. The role needs to understand the current capabilities in the portfolio companies to be able to unleash potential in their large and complex datasets, driving machine learning, innovation, and product development.
The Chief Data Officer needs to foster a relationship of trust and play an advisory role in the use of data to improve performance and business-wide strategy formulation.
- Assist portfolio companies to develop and implement company strategy
- Inspire and drive data-driven business development initiatives across portfolio companies
- Build strong data science teams in the portfolio companies
- Responsible for coordinating and optimizing the data science and product development decisions within each portfolio company
- Ensure knowledge sharing across the group
- Advice management in portfolio companies on various strategic and operational matters
- Be the link between the market and data science, ensuring state of the art data quality, data usage and product portfolio
- Project management
- Contribute to identify and analyze data usage potential in M&A targets
- Contribute to developing the company portfolio of Alytic organically and through acquisitions
- Be part of the core team in Alytic with complementary competence
The right person has vast experience in building and leading data science organization or practises, as well as successfully advocated for data analytics value across business and to diverse audiences. The candidate will be highly skilled in the design, development, and validation of descriptive, predictive, prescriptive, and applied analytics.
One should also have proven and successful experience in directly managing data and analytics teams and driving change within complex businesses, as well as having been a part of a management team or as an advisor senior management and executives, transforming business models using data science and machine learning.
- Education on Master or PhD level within mathematics, statistics, physics or similar
- Both strategic and operational experience from functions in the intersection between data science, product development and business
- Experience from industries undergoing a technological transformation
- Worked extensively with machine learning
- Fluency in computer/coding programs, for instance, R or Python
- Experience with agile and lean practise
- Project management experience; managing projects with multi-functional and remote teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to drive change
- Excellent communication skills; it will be key to convey roadmap, technical direction, and communication to all stakeholders
- A structured and disciplined approach to work, with the ability to manage projects from a concept phase to closure
Some travelling will be required.
Preferred workplace will be either Oslo or Arendal.
To apply, send your CV and application to email@example.com before 19th of January 2021. Please include “Chief Data Officer Alytic” in the subject line of your email.
For further information please contact Bjørn Håkon Bærug in Boyden Executive Search, phone +47 970 75 941, or Kjetil Haug-Nodeland in Boyden Executive Search, phone +47 911 67 703.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.