Technology Investment Director
Arendals Fossekompani (AFK) has established the new company Alytic, initially wholly owned by AFK, to transform a wide range of data-driven companies that offers key decision support to their respective industries. Capitalizing on the experience from transforming similar businesses, Alytic will serve as a new growth arena for AFK.
Alytic is looking to invest in data-driven businesses in need of transformation and scale.
Kontali is the first company in the Alytic portfolio, but they expect more to follow. Alytic has already identified a number of companies with products relevant to global markets in targeted segments and industries.
About the role
The main purpose of the Technology Investment Director is to collaborate with management in portfolio companies to develop and implement an IT strategy that supports the strategic goals of the portfolio company and Alytic’s ownerships ambitions. This candidate must understand current capabilities and gaps from market trends and needs and drive the businesses to set strategic, prioritized technology-driven goals for the company.
The Technology Investment Director will also facilitate and be accountable for sound architecture decisions in portfolio companies, and ensure that a high level of engineering quality, resiliency and security is built into the infrastructures and that they are operated safely.
- Assist portfolio companies to develop and implement company strategy
- Inspire and drive technology-driven business development initiatives across portfolio companies
- Build strong IT-teams and IT-infrastructure in portfolio companies
- Responsible for coordinating and optimizing the technology investment decisions within each portfolio company
- Ensure knowledge sharing across the group
- Be the link between the market and IT-development, ensuring state of the art technology, IT-infrastructure, and user interface
- Advice management in portfolio companies on various strategic and operational matters
- Project management
- Contribute to identify and analyze technological potential in M&A targets
- Contribute to developing the company portfolio of Alytic organically and through acquisitions
- Be part of the core team in Alytic with complementary competence
The right person has vast experience in building and leading IT-department or practices, helping businesses reach their potential through optimal use of technology, preferably from industries undergoing major transformations and disruptions applying new business models having IT investments as a vital part of it. The candidate should be technically well-grounded, commercially oriented, growth-focused and having worked in or close with top management.
- Education on a master level within computer science
- Both strategic and operational experience from functions in the intersection between technology, product development, and business
- Experience from industries undergoing a technological transformation
- Experience with SaaS, subscription services, API management, automated testing, the operational aspects of cloud infrastructures, data-driven decision making and continuous delivery
- International experience
- Project management experience; managing projects with multi-functional and remote teams
- Experience with agile and lean practice
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to drive change
- Excellent communication skills; it will be key to convey roadmap, technical direction, and communication to all stakeholders
- A structured and disciplined approach to work with the ability to manage projects from concept through to closure
Some travelling will be required.
Preferred workplace will be either Oslo or Arendal.
To apply, send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19th of January 2021. Please include “Technology Investment Director Alytic” in the subject line of your email.
For further information please contact Bjørn Håkon Bærug in Boyden Executive Search, phone +47 970 75 941, or Kjetil Haug-Nodeland in Boyden Executive Search, phone +47 911 67 703.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.