Head of IT
Are you the one with experience in running an IT department with focus on highly efficient and secure operation?
Klaveness is currently seeking a Head of IT to further strengthen our IT functions, which support our growing business and organizational ambitions. The right candidate will play an important part in our ambition to improve the nature of shipping through the use of technology.
We are looking for an experienced Head of IT to oversee all IT functions in our company. Our IT functions cover offices in Oslo, Singapore, Dubai and Manila as well as a fleet of 25 vessels under our management. You will lead the team of IT professionals and manage the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems, policies and procedures, as well as coordination with our IT vendors.
As Head of IT you are very knowledgeable in IT and computer systems. You will have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. To support business needs, you will identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will support, secure and develop our business and that will ensure our employees the right technology to meet the agreed objectives. Experience with coordinating with professional IT vendors is a plus.
Our IT infrastructure and platform are based on Microsoft Azure and Office 365 together with best-of-breed business systems specific to the Maritime Industry.
The position is based in Oslo and will report to COO.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
● Build and maintain strong IT governance
- Own, manage and develop our IT governance system, as well as driving and monitoring compliance
- Ensure our governance system complies with laws and regulation
- Proactively deliver on concrete expectations and follow-up
- Ensure staffing and vendor models to deliver results
- Overall responsible for vendor management with cost-efficient contracts in compliance with our policies
- Ensure the alignment of IT development with business needs and company's objective
● Ensure stable, safe, and secure IT operations
- Responsible for IT assets inventory and maintenance
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Set clear internal- and external responsibilities and follow up
- Conduct effective service management
- Ensure a security and resilience in IT systems that support business needs
- Monitor the effectiveness of policies, procedures, and controls
● Be a proactive and competent business partner
- Provide timely support to the business units
- Assist business units in vendor management
- Assist business units to manage risk and to manage change
- Act as advisor to business units on development, functionalities, systems, versions etc.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience as Head of IT or similar role, with > 5 years with direct reports
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Experience in vendor management and how to efficiently organize IT deliveries with a mix of external and internal resources
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks, security standards etc.
- Sound understanding of system portfolio including business impact risks and integration between them
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Fluency in English is a requirement, in addition fluency in a Scandinavian language is preferable
- Eager to initiate, shape and lead activities to ensure high standard and resilient IT deliveries
- Genuine drive and interest in building and leading strong, competent teams
- Understand the importance of comprehensive IT governance and be eager to build and maintain structures that support business and employees in their daily work
- Ability to plan, track tasks and deliver to agreed timescales
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload in an efficiently and transparent way
- Good communications skills and ability to keep focused under challenging context related to IT-operations
- Good analytical skills and interests in data driven decision making is a plus
We offer an exciting role with great operational impact and importance in an international and progressive company with clear ambitions for the future. You will be part of a highly skilled working environment that encourages long term professional and personal growth. The position is based in Oslo and your workday will involve daily contact with colleagues and stakeholders in- and outside Oslo.
Should you have any questions regarding the position, please contact our advisors at Mercuri Urval, Svein Olsen Mellemsæter, phone +47 404 92 684, or Øyvind Bakken, phone +47 975 59 011. All contacts will be treated in full confidence.
If all this sounds like a great opportunity to you, please submit your application including your CV as soon as possible, and no later than 24th of January.
Torvald Klaveness is a pioneering shipping company with the vision to improve the nature of shipping and the ambition to make seaborn supply chains resilient, decarbonized and cost-effective. The group today consists of five business units; Through Klaveness Combination Carriers, the company takes an active part in the transition to low-carbon shipping with the unique concept of combination carriers. Our Dry Bulk unit is a leading operator and service provider to the global dry bulk industry and manages the world’s largest Panamax Pool. Klaveness Container provides container feeder vessels to liner companies. Klaveness Ship Management manages the owned vessels from an environmental, technical and commercial standpoint. Our newest venture Klaveness Digital has developed the world’s leading platform for managing seaborne supply chains.
With 75 years’ experience, Klaveness operates close to 100 vessels through offices in Oslo, Singapore, Manila and Dubai with around 175 employees onshore and close to 750 seafarers. More information about our company and our activities can be found at www.klaveness.com
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.