Manager & Senior Manager - Transformational Lead
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has 7500 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC.
The company operates around 130 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 77 processing centres, and 13 marine terminals.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
Manager & Senior Manager – Transformational Lead
For our Strategy & Portfolio Management team we are looking for new colleagues who can facilitate, drive, promote, inspire, and support the strategy process, from creation to execution, towards our mission of sustainable logistics for a world in motion. The team will function as support, enabler and sparring partner in change management and new ways of working.
To execute on our Long-Term Strategy for 2021-2025 we have developed Value Streams which will make the strategic journey tangible and concrete. Each value stream has an owner from the business, and these roles will execute support to these teams and be part of the Program Management Office (PMO). Our value streams require us to transform our business and these roles will be instrumental in making this a success.
As Transformational Lead, you will be responsible for promoting and implementing change management principles and new ways of working. This will include brining outside-in thinking, facilitating sharing of best practices, cutting through / breaking down organizational silos as well as making sure the organization adapts to Agile methods such as ideation and design thinking.
The positions report to the VP Strategy & Portfolio Management (SPM), located in Lysaker, Norway.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Work as part of a team facilitating the strategic planning process and develop this into the strategic plan.
- Conduct research and analysis to support strategic direction and decisions. Based on this research and analysis, conceive and developing strategic growth initiatives in close collaboration with the organisation.
- Develop strategic assessment models to help prioritize initiatives that drive growth.
- Be a key member of the Program Management Office (PMO) and overall responsible for deployment of project methodologies across the organization via the project (agile) community/Centre of Excellence.
- Provider of specialist competence in the areas of Agile, SAFe, Design thinking, ideation, DevOps, lean start up and innovation generally and help built a robust toolbox for the PMO.
- Challenge and support the value streams in translating overall problems and objective to concrete deliverables.
- Facilitate and drive key strategic initiatives from inception phase up to completion. This may mean directly leading projects considered transformational in nature to the corporation (directed by Top Executive Team).
- Monitor, follow up and report back progress towards strategic goals and recommend appropriate actions for adjustments and improvements.
- Administrate the capital & resource allocation model and follow up to ensure that resources are mobilized in accordance with agreed direction.
Qualifications and experience:
- Higher education, preferably a master’s degree within a relevant field.
- Manager Position: Minimum 5 years of experience in an international B2B services environment or management consulting and having had significant exposure to project delivery and change initiatives.
- Senior Manager Position: Minimum 10 years of experience in a position of influence in an international B2B services environment or management consulting and having had significant exposure to project delivery, project management and leading change initiatives.
- Strong and proven track record of breaking down complex issues into concrete actionable plans.
- Proven track record in project management and project execution preferably using Agile project methodologies.
- Fluency in English both written and oral.
- Proactive and a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
- Innovation and growth mindset and the ability to create new business models.
- Ability to work across all levels of an international, complex organization and foster an environment of mutual support and collaboration.
- Excellent interpersonal - and communication skills.
- Ability to act as a proactive change agent.
What will you get from working with us?
- Varied responsibilities and challenging tasks in a truly global company
- Competitive terms of employment and good benefit schemes
- Social activities, access to company cabins and other benefits
- This position is located at Lysaker and we offer a fantastic workplace with colleagues from around the world.
Location: Oslo (Lysaker)
Travel: Occasional travel is to be expected with this role.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor
Does this sound like you? If so, we are looking forward to learning about your motivation in your application letter. For more information about the position, please contact our advisor Jonny Arnesen, Partner in Compass Human Resources by tel: +47 924 96 992. Please submit your application and CV by using the application button as soon as possible and no later than the 8th of February 2021. Please note: you will be directed to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen application site.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.