On behalf of Orkla we are looking for a strong business-oriented Strategy Manager who has a strategic mindset and leadership attitude.
Orkla’s Strategy function is responsible for driving Orkla long-term strategic agenda and priorities together with the EVP Strategy and M&A and President & CEO– for future growth and value creation. This includes identifying and assessing larger structural opportunities and proactively managing Orkla’s portfolio across BAs.
As Strategy Manager you will be working closely with Orkla’s executive management team and other key stakeholders to develop and execute on the Group’s strategy. We are looking for high-performing candidates with backgrounds from strategy and/or business development, preferably with experience from top tier management consulting. Team players with strong business acumen, a “can do attitude” and ability to independently drive projects are important qualities in the Strategy team.
Orkla offers exciting responsibilities and highly influential projects with significant senior management exposure. There is a good balance between managing own projects and leading own workstreams in more extensive projects together with EVP Strategy and M&A, rest of the Strategy team and with the M&A team. The head office is located at Skøyen in Oslo.
Scope of work
- Support development of Orkla’s corporate strategy and contribute in Orkla’s annual corporate strategy process
- Drive and manage strategy projects for Orkla at Group level
- Actively develop Orkla’s portfolio, with focus on commercial assessments of larger deals in close cooperation with M&A team and BAs/BUs
- Provide strategic and commercial perspectives to the CEO and EVP Strategy and M&A
- Identify new value-creating opportunities for Orkla
- Shape and support structural growth strategy and work together with Orkla’s M&A team on commercial due diligences
Desired experience and qualifications
- Master’s degree or similar with outstanding academic results
- Minimum 4- 6 years of experience from management consulting firm and/or corporate strategy functions in the consumer industry
- Preferably combined experience from top-tier management consulting firm and strategic and commercial experience from corporate strategy functions in the consumer industry
- Experience from market and commercial analysis (e.g., due diligence) and development or value creation plans and business development at a strategic level in a consumer-centric, sizable and complex business
- International work experience/exposure is an advantage
Desired personal skills
- Strong business understanding and commercial flair
- Excellent analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong communication skills in English and preferably in Norwegian
- Ability to work with and build relations to people at all levels in the organization
- Positive to work in a high-paced environment, and comfortable with working both in a team and independently
- Results-oriented with strong execution skills
- Self-driven and proactive
- Innovative and curious
Orkla is a unique consumer goods company with a strong footprint in the Nordics but also continually growing within Europe, India and beyond. The ability to work with strong local brands combined with the backdrop of a growing international company, gives our employees the opportunity to really make a difference and see the impact of their work. At Orkla, we think globally but also believe in developing local solutions that cater to the needs of our customers and at the same time, empower our own employees to make a difference.
Orkla ASA is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and its head office is in Oslo, Norway. As of 31 December 2019, Orkla had 18,348 employees. The Group’s turnover in 2019 totaled NOK 43.5 billion.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.