Spacemaker helps architects and urban designers maximise real estate developers' long-term property investments and realise the full potential of a site by enabling them to quickly generate, optimise and iterate on design options taking into consideration design criteria and data like terrain, maps, wind, lighting, traffic, zoning, etc. Further, supporting the effort to combat climate change, Spacemaker offers designers and developers the ability to consider sustainability options from the start.
Spacemaker was recently acquired by the global tech company Autodesk. Together we will leverage our complementary teams and technology and more rapidly place our product in the hands of the shapers of tomorrow’s cities across the globe.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Accountant to join our HQ in Oslo. We hope this is you!
What we do: https://vimeo.com/340901989
As an Accountant at Spacemaker, you will together with the Autodesk accounting team replace our current external accounting service. The role will service the entire Spacemaker organisation, including our operations and entities across Europe and US, and be an instrumental part of our finance function at our Oslo HQ. Together with our CFO and Business Controller as well as the wider Autodesk team, you will work to ensure that we have quality in our financial and accounting data at all times and be responsible for Spacemaker’s accounting from A to Z.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Take complete responsibility for timely accounting and ensuring quality in our financial data through booking and processing all transactions in the accounting system, including e.g. handling the invoice workflow, invoicing customers, processing payments and handling cost allocations.
- Be Autodesk/Spacemaker's expert on Norwegian accounting and tax matters.
- Day-to-day transaction processing and accounting will transition to SAP during 2021 and you will manage this integration project on Spacemakers end.
- Monthly closing of accounts, including key tasks related to this such as revenue recognition, booking accruals, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, reporting of tax and VAT etc.
- Be a key contributor in monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Managing and preparing documentation for statutory audits.
- Establish new processes and accounting tools and drive continuous process improvement to optimise efficiency and accuracy in our reporting.
- Support finance team with budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis.
- Support the daily needs of the organisation, concerning finance, payroll and admin related matters and participate in special projects assigned.
Desired background and qualifications
- A stellar and documented expertise in accounting, including knowledge of Norwegian accounting and tax rules
- Master’s degree in accounting, business administration or similar with excellent academic results (relevant experience can substitute a master’s degree for the right candidate)
- 4-5 years or more of relevant working experience, with some or all of it in an international group, is required. Shorter but highly relevant experience may also be considered.
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, both oral and written
- Experience from the following is an advantage:
- Work experience from an international group with HQ in the US
- Tech/SaaS company experience
- Advanced skills in SAP
- Experience with USGAAP
Desired personal skills
- Highly independent and strong sense of self-direction/drive.
- Ability to adapt to a changing working environment and a great desire to support Spacemakers growth.
- Goal-oriented with a hands-on attitude.
- Analytical mindset and a quick learner.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to perform and co-operate in an international environment.
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (h ttps://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired SpaceMaker. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk’s Candidate Privacy Statement, available at https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement. pdf.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.