AKJ is looking for an Accounting Associate
AK Jensen Group Limited and its subsidiaries, established in 1995, is owned by shareholders, who, combined, have more than US$18 billion in assets under management. The group serves hedge fund and institutional clients in 35 countries around the world.
AKJ Crypto plc, a subsidiary of AKJt Holdings Limited and an associated company of AK Jensen Group, provides a full-service platform for hedge fund managers, crypto hedge fund managers, and diversified participation for institutional investors in the cryptoeconomy – through the AKJ Token. The turnkey platform includes fund formation, legal and regulatory infrastructure, trading systems, back office support, and seed capital.
All companies in the group serve AK Jensen's flagship product - AKJ Hedge Fund Platform. The Platform is a turnkey, tier-one hedge fund solution that manages all necessary components involved with the set up and day-to-day operation of a fund. The cost-effective solution is designed to ensure that the Fund Manager operates efficiently and in the best interest for the investors.
We are looking for clever people to develop the most dynamic culture manoeuvring the 10-year rising tide to allow our ecosystem to prosper.
For more information about AKJ visit www.akj.com.
As a consequence of adding the regulated company AK Jensen Norway AS to the group and the inherent reporting to Finanstilsynet, we are looking for an accounting associate with excellent Norwegian and English skills to cater for the 4 entities registered in Norway.
The person will be working alongside top management situated in Oslo, whilst other colleagues in the Accounting team are in Romania and Malta.
- Preparing and posting journal entries
- General ledger maintenance
- Ensure record systems are maintained under generally accepted auditing standards
- Period-end close and consolidation process
- Account analysis and reconciliations
- Intercompany (ecosystem) balance review and reconciliation
- Reporting and analysis of financial statements
- Reconciliations and cash flow statement preparation
- Preparing consolidated financial statements
- Preparing various reports, summaries and special projects as required by management
- Annual audit assistance, including preparation of full disclosure financial statements
- Responsible for keeping the various online registers (in Norwegian) updated regarding pension, health insurance etc
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of the monthly-, quarterly- and annual financial, tax and regulatory reports (in Norwegian) for the Norwegian companies with public and regulatory bodies
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of accounting practices and principles, IFRS reporting
- Ability to work independently
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, strong Excel skills desired
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Norwegian
- Knowledge to hedge funds is an advantage
- Background from a regulated entity is preferred but not a requirement
- Interest in improvement and automatization of accounting routines and operations
- Knowledge of financial solutions from Visma (Visma Business/Visma Lønn) and Cantor is a plus but not required
What can we offer:
- We believe it is easier to develop a new financial industry using blockchain rather than to reform the existing one. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious and fast-paced team aiming to disrupt the financial industry
- Part of being a truly diverse and international team
- An excellent work environment with our offices in the scenic and central Tjuvholmen area of Oslo (the group is transferring selected AIFM licenses to Norway as a result of Brexit)
- Possibility of making AKJ a unicorn in the hedge fund platform business and being part of something impactful
- Competitive terms
If you have questions related to the position, you are welcome to contact Partner Johannes Westersø in Capus on 95 17 91 69 or adviser Anders Kihle on 97 76 78 16. To be considered for the position, you must apply via the link “Søk her”. You must then fill in a short form with personal details, as well as upload the application and CV.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.