Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 34,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium, energy, metal recycling, batteries and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our People matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Corporate Center in Hydro is mainly located at Vækerø and has around 260 employees within the areas of Finance, People & Safety, Legal and Compliance, Communication & Public Affairs and Corporate Development.
Group Internal Audit & Investigations (GIA&I) conducts risk-based audits, manages Hydro’s whistleblowing channel and performs and supports investigations of reported concerns. All entities in Hydro and the most significant partly owned entities are within scope. The GIA&I consists of 13 members with main office in Oslo, a unit in Brazil and presence in the US. GIA&I reports functionally to the Board Audit Committee (BAC) and administratively to the CFO. The investigation team operates the AlertLine for reporting of concerns and oversees and conduct investigations of reported concerns.
We are looking for an investigator to join the team in Oslo. The successful candidate holds core competence within investigations, in addition to internal controls, governance and/or internal audit. The preferred candidate has strong analytical and communication skills, and an ability to work efficiently in a cross-cultural environment. We are offering an exciting opportunity to gain insight into Hydro’s business and our value chain, and to cooperate closely with senior management.
Areas of responsibility
As part of the GIA&I investigation team, the candidate will:
- Conduct investigations
- Assist in managing Hydro’s whistleblowing channel
- Ensure appropriate and consistent processing of reported concerns
- Assist in coordinating activities and information between GIA&I and the business areas
- Analyze and evaluate large amounts of data
- Assist in periodic reporting to senior management and the Board Audit Committee
- Manage administrative responsibilities and drive internal development projects
To thrive and succeed as Investigator in Hydro, we believe the right candidate holds the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree (Finance, Accounting, Social Sciences, Audit, Law, Engineering) or other relevant university degree and extensive experience
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with investigations and handling whistleblower reports or as an internal auditor
- Skilled within investigation and/or internal audit methodology
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to communicate in a structured and balanced way to all levels of the organization
- Familiar with ERP systems and enjoys exploring new digital tools supporting performance and communication
- Experience in use of digital tools for advanced analytics is an advantage
- Experience in project management
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Norwegian, Portuguese or Spanish is an advantage
As a person, we believe you have a high level of integrity and that you are:
- Self-going, as well as strong in building interpersonal relationships and a team player
- Analytical, methodical and precise
- Detail oriented, but still able to see the big picture
- Conscientious and reliable
- Flexible and pragmatic
Travel is expected. The candidate must be prepared to work both domestic and abroad. Hence, we are looking for candidates who are comfortable with working and travelling in an international environment.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
Apply before: 24.05.2021
If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: (Norway +47) 94002150
Phone:(Norway +47) 97031556
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.