VP Finance - Signs & Work Zone Protection
Saferoad Group is a leading provider of road safety solutions in Europe. The Group has approx. 2,200 employees in 13 countries and an annual turnover of NOK 5.2 billion. Our goal is to contribute to increased road safety, and we have a broad portfolio of products and solutions within this field. We are dedicated to developing innovative, sustainable and safe products and solutions that will make it safe to be on the go, whether you are moving by foot, by bike, car or public transportation.
Business Area Signs & Work Zone Protection includes two areas which are connected through products and services. S&WZP consists of 4 legal entities (Business units); 2 in Norway, 1 in Sweden and 1 in Denmark. Total turnover in 2020 was NOK 1,2 billion.
On behalf of Saferoad, a leading provider of road safety solutions in Europe, we are looking for a business-oriented, operational and strategic VP Finance for the business area Signs & Work Zone Protection (S&WZP).
As the VP Finance for S&WZP, you will be leading the process of monitoring business performance and give advises on the financial consequences of major decisions. In addition you will be responsible for reporting financial and managerial data and make recommendations targeted at improving growth and profitability for the business area.
You will be a member of the S&WZP Management team, have running contact with the business units’ MD and Finance, and corporate closely with Saferoad Group’s Finance team. The position reports to SVP S&WZP, with a dotted line to CFO Saferoad Group.
Areas of responsibilities and main tasks
- Overall responsibility for the Business Area's periodic reporting of results and financial position
- Budgeting and forecasting processes
- Efficiency and profitability analyses
- Investment analysis, business case and cost/benefit assessments
- Monitoring the company's profit development, follow-up of key figures and KPIs, incl. establishing modern live data dashboard reporting systems
- Process improvement; be a driving force for improvement of internal processes, including creating consistent systems and processes across markets and business units, as well as ownership of digitalization agenda
- Further development and follow-up of the company's principles and routines for good corporate governance and reporting
- Participation in strategy discussions, and business development. Expected contributions within analyses and general business insight
- Asset management, including analysis and optimization of working capital
- Participation in board meetings and preparation of documents for these
Desired background and qualifications
- Master’s degree in business administration or similar
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience, preferably from “Big4” or/and business controller/CFO roles
- Industrial experience
- Strong financial and accounting proficiency, with consolidation experience. Experience with beyond budgeting is of interest
- Experience with managing M&A processes and audits
- Expert in use of common financial tools; Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Cognos Controller or similar, and BI tools
- Ability to work in Scandinavian languages and English
Desired personal skills
- Proactive and self-propelled
- Ability to think holistically, and preferably demonstrated ability to create value both from operational improvements and strategic/analytical insights
- Practically oriented, with proven ability to make things happen and solving issues, attending both the strategic perspective and the operational details of the issue at hand
- Strong collaboration and communication skills. Sense of passion for people, with affinity for a collaborative leadership style
- Methodical and structured. Strong process-orientation, with keen interest in continuously improving existing processes
- Finally, you have a positive mindset and see challenges as opportunities
- An exciting role, and good opportunities to influence
- A company with a committed management and ambitious owners
- Good working environment with good opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive terms and conditions
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.