Purchasing Manager Marine
Hurtigruten Group is the world’s leading adventure travel group, offering unique small-ship and land-based adventures from pole to pole – and anywhere in between. We take our guests to the most spectacular areas on the planet, offering a mix of pristine wilderness and visits to genuine local communities.
Hurtigruten Group is revolutionising the travel industry’s approach to sustainability, allowing us to offer authentic local experiences while leaving a footprint we are proud of — both in nature and with the communities we visit.
Our commitment to safety is as absolute as our passion for exploration. Safeguarding our guests, colleagues, partners, wildlife, nature, and the communities we visit will always be our number one priority. Everyone on a Hurtigruten adventure will always be – and feel – safe, comfortable – and excited!
PURCHASING MANAGER - MARINE SUPPLIER & CONTRACT - PLANNING & PROGNOSIS - EFFICIENCY & AUTOMATION IN PURCHASING
OSLO or TROMSØ
We are looking for an analytical and commercial doer to be our next Purchasing Manager Marine. You will have the opportunity to manage our relations with industry supplier lighthouses, yards and service suppliers, as well as spearheading the drive for more automated purchase-to-pay processes.
Group Procurement manage all procurement for the Hurtigruten Group and is organized as a centre-lead procurement function with strategic procurement and category management at group level and dedicated purchasing teams within each business area. The procurement function aims to elevate the use of analytics, strengthening and automating source to pay processes, and having sustainability as an integral part of every procurement decision made.
The Purchasing Manager Marine leads the purchasing team for Marine Operations Norway that supply deck and machinery items for the 7 ships making up the Hurtigruten Coastal Express. The position will manage supplier relations, negotiate contracts and expected to drive for increased automation of processes. The Purchasing Manager Marine reports to VP Group Procurement and has one direct report. Location is in either Tromsø or Oslo depending on the candidate, and some travel is expected.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the supplier- and contract portfolio for Marine Operations Norway
- Identify and close sourcing gaps
- Conduct Demand prognosis and Supply planning for all ships and locations
- Purchasing of qualified products and services at beneficial terms and conditions, including performing sourcing events and RFX processes
- Drive efficiency and automation in purchase-to-pay process through digital tools
- Daily end-to-end management of orders and deliveries, including supplier contact, logistics, and warehousing
- Recording and closing of deviations in the supply chain
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering or business or other relevant field
- Previous experience as purchaser, sourcing manager and/or category manager
- Industry experience from maritime, shipping or oil & gas would be a strong advantage
- Hands-on experience using ERP (SAP in particular) or dedicated purchasing systems.
- Must be fluent in English and Norwegian, or a Scandinavian language.
- Structured and pragmatic with a can-do attitude.
- Able to identify and evaluate commercial opportunities.
- Good listener and relationship builder.
- Rational problem solver who is solution oriented and facilitates progress.
- Skilled at project- and process organization – creating a solid overview of status, issues, way forward and able to obtain decisions needed for progress.
We can offer (example)
- Exciting job opportunities in a dynamic, growing company
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Inspirational and friendly work environment
- Modern work facilities in Oslo or Tromsø city centre
- Staff rates on all our ships for you, your family and close friends
For more questions about the position, contact Tor-Egil Ruud at firstname.lastname@example.org or just apply at the link on this side.