PHARMAQ is the world's leading vaccine and innovation company focused on the aquaculture industry and part of Zoetis, the world's leading animal health company. Our innovative fish health solutions include PHARMAQ fish vaccines and therapeutics, PHARMAQ Fishteq vaccination machinery and PHARMAQ Analytiq research and analysis. PHARMAQ’s production, administration, research and development facilities are based in Norway, with global operations in commercial fish farming markets in Europe, North and South America and in Asia. PHARMAQ has around 375 employees. For more information, visit www.pharmaq.com
Pharmaq is looking for an experienced Finance Director to support the Pharmaq commercial operations with all finance related matters and with direct involvement in financial decisions, planning and analysis. The Finance Director will ensure an effective internal controls environment and furthering business strategies through being an active member of the commercial leadership team.
The Finance Director will work closely with experts in all our functions like R&D, regulatory affairs, production and commercial at PHARMAQ, PHARMAQ Fishteq, PHARMAQ Analytiq and the broader Zoetis organization. Your significant experience as a team player and your successful history of building relationships will make you a critical member of the leadership team.
The Finance Director is also the primary custodian for ensuring the maintenance and adherence to statutory requirements for the entities in all markets.
The markets will be supported through a combination of shared services (ZFS), finance center of excellence (CoE) and regional tax team. The Finance Director will be responsible for the close collaboration amongst the centers to ensure the business knowledge is maintained and appropriately reflected in key financial deliverables.
The position has two direct reports in Finance and reports to SVP Finance, International Operations.
- Support all business interactions relating to financial performance and strategic business decisions and plans
- Present business results, financial projections and financial analyses to senior management. Participate in business reviews and represent the financial implications of the business strategy to local and International leadership
- Working with the commercial business in the development of the financial budget and financial forecast
- Serve as the financial advisor to local leadership on key commercial decisions and business strategies
- Support and manage major change initiatives as necessary, including business development activities, integration of new businesses, migration to new financial systems and processes and finance transformation activities as deemed necessary
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and submission in accordance with local/statutory accounting standards, Zoetis policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations for the respective markets
- Ensure timely and complete compliance to local statutory and tax filing requirements
- Interact as necessary with government agencies, fiscal authorities, financial institutions and industry organizations. Be able to clearly articulate Zoetis’ position on key matters and issues
- Ensure an effective internal control environment. Coordinate the planning and lead the execution of local internal and external audit work
- Ad hoc
- MSc in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting/Auditing
- 10 years relevant experience from similar position and/or auditing
- Solid understanding of accounting, tax, treasury, internal controls, financial systems and processes
- People management experience is preferred
- Strong preference for solid international exposure and leading change in a dynamic business environment
- Analytical; strong analytical background with strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both verbally and in writing, fluency in English
- Ability to influence and drive decision making with commercial leadership
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities
- Work effectively in a team environment and in building collaborative relationships with peers and with other stakeholders
Why join PHARMAQ part of Zoetis?
Our innovative drive is focused on the need to produce sustainable, safe and healthy seafood. As fish continues to be the most consumed and future crucial source of animal protein worldwide, we believe that fish health management tools, such as fish vaccines and therapeutics, are key to developing a sustainable growth in global aquaculture.
At PHARMAQ part of Zoetis, we foster a highly collaborative culture and work across the business units to obtain results that matter. It is our colleagues that make the difference, and we strive to value the professional and personal development of every colleague.
We offer exciting challenges in a dynamic and innovative industry!
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Henriette Kjærås Aaberg, Partner at FinancePeople, on mobile 976 15 226 or email email@example.com. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.