Head of R&D
One of Europe`s most exciting green tech companies are now looking for a new Head of R&D!
Volue Insight (formerly Wattsight) is a leading provider of data and analysis services to the European energy market. We provide customers with the insight they need to better understand the European power market. We serve many clients, including several of Europe's major energy companies and financial institutions.
Since the start of 2021 Wattsight AS is an integrated part of Volue and the new name is Insight. The Volue group was established in March 2020 and is one of Europe’s most exciting green tech companies. We enjoy a strong market position with more than 2000 customers across 44 countries and we are listed at the Oslo Stock Exchange.
For a quick introduction to the job, our culture and what you can expect as our new Head of R&D, please listen to this podcast where we sat down and had a chat with Head of Quantitative Analysis Marianne Aanonsen and Director Jørund Haartveit in Volue Insight; https://soundcloud.com/user-485305904-808676494/head-of-rnd-volue
- You will be part of the management team in Insight and organize your own leadership group
- You will head up an international team of around 20 highly skilled engineers across UX, frontend and backend
- The team runs a modern infrastructure on Google Cloud serving the Volue Insight team’s internal workflows, tools and customer facing services
- You will manage an established platform facilitating model runs at scale, internal and external APIs with significant usage, frontend apps, access control and integrations
- You will facilitate and be accountable for sound architecture decisions, ensure that a high level of engineering quality, resiliency and security is built into the infrastructures and that they are operated safely
- You will be a key stakeholder in product development and projects across the highly competent Insight team and in the wider Volue group
- You will be a key contributor in engaging the Insight team with the wider Volue organization, sharing experience with the other R&D teams and engage with the Volue Platform work
Current team locations are in Oslo, Arendal and Berlin. Preferred workplace will be either Oslo or Arendal. Some travel will be required.
Who are we looking for?
The right person is technically well grounded, commercially oriented, growth focused and a great manager for our highly skilled engineers and designers. Furthermore, we believe that you have;
- Experience with the full software development life cycle (the team works full cycle today)
- Experience with managing software development teams, agile and lean practices
- Experience with SaaS, subscription services, API management, automated testing, the operational aspects of cloud infrastructures, data driven decision making and continuous delivery
To be successful in the job we believe that you have;
- Excellent communication skills. It will be key to convey roadmap, technical direction, and communication to stakeholders downwards, upwards, and sideways
- A degree in Computer Science or related technical field. You should have extensive development experience
- It would be a plus if you have experience from either the power domain or other commodities, weather forecasting, or serving an analysis team that runs machine learning models
Our promise to you
For the right individual you have a unique opportunity to join one of Europe's most exciting green tech companies and further strengthen Volue Insights market leading position. Growth is the name of the game!
We have a positive, international working environment characterized by expertise, innovation, and the urge to succeed. We motivate professional and personal development and offers a competitive salary package including good pension benefits and insurance plans. Insight is an equal opportunity employer.
Curious to learn more?
Please don’t hesitate to contact our advisors at MeyerHaugen AS for more information;
Partner, Henrik Andersson T: +47 416 70 787 or M: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Advisor, Gabriella Hernando Nyborg T: +47 454 18 002 or M: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application before September 20th, 2021.
We hire talented and hardworking individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, or religious beliefs. We know that when our employees feel appreciated and included, they can be more creative, innovative, and successful.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.