Business Development Manager, Ocean Export Operations
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com
Business Development Manager, Ocean Export Operations
Do you want to be part of something 75,000 times bigger than you?
That’s how many colleagues you’ll have on a journey towards connecting the world and making your mark. At DSV, we believe the people are the core of who we are - the drive, talent and devotion they bring to the table every day are what makes DSV the exciting place it is.
We are looking to strengthen our Ocean Export department with a Business Development Manager that with her/his experience and dedication will contribute to the department’s further success in Norway. Today, we have experiences teams in Norway, handling thousands of shipments a year. We have a solid market presence, and through strong customer focus and big desire, we aim to grow our business in the coming years.
Can you relate to the following statements?
- I have an entrepreneurial mind set and are able to see opportunities where others see limitations.
- I am market oriented, and networking comes naturally to me. I have a big passion for customer development.
- I find the opportunity to take ownership of the role and tasks, while being able to develop for mutual benefit, highly motivating.
- I thrive in a high pace working environment and I’m a good multi-tasker
- I’m efficient, solution- and detail oriented. I work independent, proactively, and complete tasks at agreed time.
- I have a huge desire for creating results and acknowledge that success is a result of team efforts. I’m able to contribute to maintaining a motivated team.
- I always make the customer my priority, even when the workload is heavy and important decisions must be made.
- I show drive, dedication, commitment and focus in my work.
- I have solid knowledge of international transport and logistics and specifically within ocean transport.
- My communication skills are excellent, and I speak and write English fluently. I also master one of the Scandinavian languages.
If this is YOU, then please send us your application now!
In the role, you are expected to:
- Be agile and flexible towards internal challenges across our branches in Stavanger, Bergen and Oslo.
- Contribute to growth on turnover and gross profit, by focusing on product development based on market- and customer needs.
- Ensure thorough account management, forecasting and monthly reporting. Measure closely the development on client-level.
- Network both locally, nationally, and globally, represent the DSV Ocean Department in Norway.
- Negotiate with ocean carriers, subcontractors, agents and overseas DSV offices, to ensure competitive conditions.
- Closely monitoring performance and follow up with ocean carriers.
- Build consolidations, having a creative mindset to ensure operational excellence
- Be a motivating team player, ensuring a strong team spirit through people management and result-oriented perspectives. You will work closely with operational staff, managers and director in the air department.
- Ensure professional handling throughout the customers supply chain, maintain a proactive dialogue and follow up, offer excellent customer service and contribute to customer loyalty.
- Work closely with the sales department to represent the operational interest and secure product development.
- Continuously focus on cost efficiency and high level of quality in your daily work
- Contribute to marketing approaches towards customer segments
- Keep calm under pressure and be able to make important decisions quickly.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you have solid experience with ocean freight and knowledge about international transport and logistics. It is also preferred that you have experience within negotiations and procurement.
In this role, you will contribute to strengthen the ocean departments results by focusing on procurement and development of existing business. On a day-to-day level this means developing and identify the ocean departments pipeline and challenges across our branches nationally.
You will continuously be coordinating and communicating with all involved parties in the customers transport. We are looking for someone who sees opportunities for improvement and development, to make sure that we always offer our customers the best possible service.
Travel activity, mainly domestic, is expected.
DSV in Norway
DSV Air & Sea AS is part of the Danish DSV Panalpina A/S. In Norway, DSV is represented with all three divisions: Air & Sea, Road and Solutions. We are currently approximately 400 employees, where approx. 85 in the Air & Sea division.
The position is affiliated with the Air & Sea headquarter in Lillestrøm. The working environment is characterized by high level of expertise and is international, informal and team oriented.
What does a career in DSV mean?
As an employee in DSV Air & Sea you are part of a dynamic and fast-moving environment with rapid decisions at every level. This is where ambition meets teamwork to face challenges, succeed, move forward, and make a difference. We care about your opportunity to influence the path of your career, whether you want to advance locally or look for adventures abroad. With a massive global reach and offices in more than 90 countries, the opportunities are plenty.
If you have the right drive, the right talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore the reach of your potential.
We are freight forwarders, salespeople, accountants, forklift drivers, IT engineers, specialists, and countless others – and we all made the choice to forward our careers.
Join us and forward your career at DSV.
Send an email to Karin Bakkeland-Hansen (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will assist at the best of our ability.
All applications must include both CV and cover letter. To be evaluated, your application must be submitted through the application portal.
Employment in DSV Air & Sea AS is subject to approved background check from the Civil Aviation Authorities.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.