Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Investment Managers, Hydro REIN
Hydro REIN offers renewable energy solutions for cleaner and more sustainable industries.
Our goal is to help our industrial clients take part in the energy transition. We facilitate access to affordable renewable power, which we will source from our own portfolio of hydro, solar and wind projects in Brazil and the Nordics. We also provide industrial scale energy solutions to improve energy efficiency, reduce emissions and cut costs inside the fence. Founded on Hydro’s more than 100 years of energy experience, our business model is based on agility and the ability to provide the right solutions and services at the right cost.
Hydro REIN is now looking to further strengthen our investment team with a Senior Investment Manager and an Investment Manager to contribute in developing the renewable investment portfolio in Hydro REIN.
- An international, dynamic and ambitious “start-up” working environment with the necessary support and financial back-up to succeed
- An excellent opportunity to make sustainable investments with a positive impact on society and the environment
You will join a lean and dynamic investment team which is responsible for structuring bankable renewable projects that provide risk adjusted returns within REINs target range.
Main deliveries will include;
- Review and screen new investment opportunities
- Participate in projects and ensure progress towards decision gates, including final investment decision
- Coordinate due diligence
- Project planning
- Project structuring including project finance
- Negotiate with external stakeholders
- Investment analysis including financial modelling and overall responsibility for business case
- Prepare decision making material for internal stakeholders
- Contribute to/drive the strategy process in Hydro REIN
- Other financial and strategy related tasks, such as internal management reporting, project benchmarking, analysis of market, resources and levelized cost of energy (LCOE)
Who are you?
- We are looking for candidates with a background from corporate finance, management consulting, private equity
- You understand the energy industry dynamics irrespective of the angle, e.g. project development, project finance, transmission networks, power purchase and sourcing, renewable power technology, power markets, etc.
- You have strong quantitative skills, an analytical mindset and experience in building business cases
- You combine an entrepreneurial spirit and "can do" attitude with excellent academic records from a reputable institution, typically in business, finance, law or engineering
- You thrive in value-driven, result-oriented and collaborative settings
- The Investment Manager will typically have up to five years’ work experience from relevant fields, while we look for candidates with up to 10 years’ experience for the Senior Investment Manager role
- Very strong skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal English
Apply before: 09/19/2021
If you have any questions, please contact:
Emil Brustad-Nilsen, Investment Director
Phone: +47 930 09 431
Phone:(Norway +47) 98006451
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.