Strategy and Policy Manager
Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Strategy and Policy Manager, Hydro Hydrogen
We need to move away from fossil fuels, and for the world to reach net zero emission in 2050 we need renewable hydrogen. Hydro Hydrogen, Hydro’s new renewable hydrogen company, will help drive the uptake of green hydrogen in sectors we can’t directly electrify – such as big parts of industry, long-distance transport and shipping. The EU calls hydrogen the ‘the missing part in the puzzle to a fully decarbonized economy’. We aim to be part of solving that puzzle.
We are an industrial venture with global ambitions, building on Hydro’s 115 years of experience within renewable energy and industry development to build world-leading capabilities and operational performance.
Hydrogen is only as clean as the methods used to produce it, and our hydrogen is based on hydro, solar and wind power. Together with our partners, we have access to a global network of sites with large predictable offtake and favorable power sourcing agreements.
We aim to be an early mover in the hydrogen industry and help industries succeed with their energy transition and cut emissions. If you are keen on an exciting job where you are part of tackling the key issue the world is facing, then join us!
In this key role as Strategy and Policy Manager, you will monitor and decipher the hydrogen market and policy frameworks and define the long-term direction for the hydrogen business in close collaboration with senior management.
Areas of Responsibility
As part of the Hydro Hydrogen team, you will join an industrial venture and play a pivotal part in creating a more sustainable future.
You bring with you a good understanding of strategy and policy processes and be able to condense; 1) the external market and policies relevant for Hydro Hydrogen, and assess the potential impact (issues and opportunities) they might have on the company, and 2) the insight of senior management team into a structured and actionable strategic roadmap for the company, both short and long term.
You will have the following interfaces:
- The senior management team shape the strategic direction of the company
- The technical specialists and supply chain to develop the technical roadmaps and make buy strategies
- Authorities, policy makers, suppliers and clients to enable a sustainable hydrogen policies and grants structures
- The commercial team to structure strategic partnerships and assess M&A opportunities
- The wider Hydro’s policy and strategy network
In the role as Strategy and Policy Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor the external market to identify and maintain a strategic view of risks and opportunities
- Manage the Hydro Hydrogen strategy process:
- Provide structured market insight reports and recommendations to management
- Author presentations and memos with distilled clear strategic direction and roadmap for implementation in close collaboration with senior management
- Define KPIs and priorities to meet the strategic ambition, and follow-up the strategy implementation
- Monitor and interpret the impact of polices, provide input to consultation processes, manage the CSR strategy & reporting and coordinate strategic, ESG and policy matters in close cooperation with Hydro functions
- Support and manage M&A and partnership processes
- University degree in engineering/business/industrial economics or equivalent
- Experience from strategy and/or policy roles in the energy value chain, renewables or decarbonization
- Proven capability in business strategy development either as consultant or within business strategy departments
- Strong insight into strategic tools and methods
- Excellent workshop facilitation skills, open, inspiring and able to be direct and challenge senior leaders
- Self-driven and entrepreneurial
- Structured and well organized
- Collaborative personality and with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Norwegian, German or Portuguese is an advantage
We believe that you’re a good fit for this role if you combine an analytical and structured approach with a strategic and commercial mindset. You communicate effectively to make an impact and successfully build networks and partnerships. Others perceive you as open, collaborative, and trustworthy.
What we offer
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an industrial company with global ambitions in the fast-growing renewables business. Commencement will be as soon as possible and you will join a hard-working and fun-loving team, triggered by doing their best in an international and dynamic work environment. You’ll have room to shape your own role and really make your mark on our way forward.
Apply by: Friday 26 September, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact:
Per Christian Eriksen
Phone: (Norway +47) 90667211
Phone:(Norway +47) 98006451
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.