Data Protection Officer
We are seeking a new Data Protection Officer (GDPR) who is motivated to become a key person in Norwegian!
The history of Norwegian began when it was founded in 1993, while the low-cost airline with its Boeing 737 aircraft took to the skies in 2002. Our core values have remained the same since our inception – to provide reasonably priced air travel to everybody, and allow people to travel smarter and with more options to choose from on their journey.
Norwegian grew rapidly over large parts of the globe, first with our short-haul routes in Europe, and later with long-haul routes to the USA, Asia, and South America.
In 2018 the company changed course to focus on core destinations and the right sizing of the airline in response to customer demand and global industry trends. The rapid global spread of COVID-19 throughout 2020 and into 2021 accelerated this process, and in January 2021 the company announced a simplified business structure and a dedicated short haul only network concentrating on a broad range of domestic routes in Norway, across the Nordics and to key European destinations.
To better inform you about the position, we have recorded a podcast, in which we interview Knut Olav Høeg, Executive Vice President IT & Business Services of Norwegian, about the company, expectations for the role and what you can expect in this position: https://soundcloud.com/user-485305904-808676494/norwegian-data-protection-officer-gdpr
- Follow-up and quality assurance of Norwegian’s compliance with the GDPR.
- Help provide training and advice, and give guidance to the management and the organisation as a whole in the area of data protection.
- Make provision for training courses and competence enhancement on data protection across the organisation.
- Participate in regional and national networks, while having the role of a ‘beacon of expertise’ internally.
Whom are we looking for?
- Higher education, preferably with some years of experience from a similar role.
- Experience from the interface between IT and business is an advantage.
- Good, verifiable results from lecturing and training activity.
- You have in-depth knowledge of data protection, data protection legislation and information security.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian and the ability to communicate complex material to a broad segment of the organisation.
- Focus on continuous improvement, with the ability to challenge established truths with concrete proposals for solutions.
- Determined, with the ability to follow through.
- Relationship-building skills, enjoys the role of being ‘the spider in the web’.
Our pledge to you:
- You will have a key role in the development of a fast-growing international company, with real influence on our cloud journey.
- You will be part of Norwegian´s internal IT community, which is now gearing up for the future. The community consists of highly skilled staff who enjoy support from all parts of the organisation.
- Our offices are at Fornebu outside Oslo, but we make provisions for flexible working also post-COVID-19. Some travel must be expected.
- We offer a competitive salary, pension and insurance schemes, including discounted air travel. We value a good work-life balance
Are you curious to know more?
Do not hesitate to contact our recruitment partner MeyerHaugen AS for an informal chat about the role, via Henrik Andersson, Partner, by phone + 47 416 70 787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively Gabriella Nyborg Hernando, Senior Advisor, by email email@example.com or phone + 47 454 18 002.
The application deadline is 27 September 2021. Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
Did you know?
- We aim to be the most carbon and resource-efficient airline in the world by introducing new technology as soon as it becomes commercially available.
- Many people refer to our aircraft as ‘the red nose’, because of the bright red colour of the aircrafts’ nose.
- The tailfins of our aircraft are emblazoned with pictures of heroes that have challenged social norms and inspired others.
- We taught Norwegian air passengers to book tickets online.
- We have one of the world’s youngest and most fuel-efficient aircraft fleets.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.