We are seeking new cloud specialists with experience from IT architecture and cloud journeys who are motivated to ensure the right technology for Norwegian!
The history of Norwegian began when it was founded in 1993, while the low-cost airline with its Boeing 737 aircraft took to the skies in 2002. Our core values have remained the same since our inception – to provide reasonably priced air travel to everybody, and allow people to travel smarter and with more options to choose from on their journey.
Norwegian grew rapidly over large parts of the globe, first with our short-haul routes in Europe, and later with long-haul routes to the USA, Asia, and South America.
In 2018 the company changed course to focus on core destinations and the right sizing of the airline in response to customer demand and global industry trends. The rapid global spread of COVID-19 throughout 2020 and into 2021 accelerated this process, and in January 2021 the company announced a simplified business structure and a dedicated short haul only network concentrating on a broad range of domestic routes in Norway, across the Nordics and to key European destinations.
To better inform you about the position, we have recorded a podcast, in which we interview Karl Vilhelm Piene, Senior Vice President Technical IT of Norwegian, about the company, expectations for the role and what you can expect in this position: https://soundcloud.com/user-485305904-808676494/norwegian-cloud-specialist
- Maintain, support and develop new solutions that support the organisation’s functional needs (including our existing ‘on-prem’ solutions).
- Ensure that the solutions are well coordinated with our IT strategy and architecture. In short, we shall be well prepared for our cloud journey.
- Function as a link between IT and business operations.
- Ensure that the IT department has enough of the right skills to respond to demand from the business operations.
- Responsibility for our application portfolio.
- You will be expected to stay updated on technological developments and proactively suggest solutions that optimise business value.
- Your role will be pivotal in our cloud journey, and you will be expected to act as a ‘beacon of expertise’ in this area.
- The position will require a balanced understanding of traditional middleware as well as future cloud integration.
- Maintain a strong focus on IT security and take an active role in creating a culture that focuses strongly on IT security.
- Serve as a driving force for increased automation across the organisation.
Whom are we looking for?
- Higher technical education, with knowledge of at least one programming and/or automation language.
- Experience with cloud services (SAAS, PAAS, IAAS) and AWS is an advantage.
- Preferably experience from systems management of large-scale technological solutions.
- You have a good business understanding and the ability to see the needs of users, while having a strong interest in IT and the use of new technology.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian and the ability to communicate complex technological insight to the business communities and senior management.
- An analytical mindset, with a flair for operational and strategic issues.
- Determined, with the ability to follow through.
- Relationship-building skills, enjoys the role of being ‘the spider in the web’.
- The role involves a shift roster, which may entail evening and weekend work.
Our pledge to you:
- You will have a key role in the development of a fast-growing international company, with real influence on our cloud journey.
- You will be part of Norwegian’s internal IT community, which is now gearing up for the future. The community consists of highly skilled staff who enjoy support from all parts of the organisation.
- Our offices are at Fornebu outside Oslo, but we make provisions for flexible working also post-COVID-19. Some travel must be expected.
- We offer a competitive salary, pension, and insurance schemes, including discounted air travel. We value a good work-life balance.
Are you curious to know more?
Do not hesitate to contact our recruitment partner MeyerHaugen AS for an informal chat about the role, via Henrik Andersson, Partner, by phone + 47 416 70 787 or email email@example.com, alternatively Gabriella Nyborg Hernando, Senior Advisor, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone + 47 454 18 002.
The application deadline is 27 September 2021. Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
Did you know?
- We aim to be the most carbon and resource-efficient airline in the world by introducing new technology as soon as it becomes commercially available.
- Many people refer to our aircraft as ‘the red nose’, because of the bright red colour of the aircrafts’ nose.
- The tailfins of our aircraft are emblazoned with pictures of heroes that have challenged social norms and inspired others.
- We taught Norwegian air passengers to book tickets online.
- We have one of the world’s youngest and most fuel-efficient aircraft fleets.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.