We are seeking a new network engineer who is motivated to ensure stable IT solutions for Norwegian!
The history of Norwegian began when it was founded in 1993, while the low-cost airline with its Boeing 737 aircraft took to the skies in 2002. Our core values have remained the same since our inception – to provide reasonably priced air travel to everybody, and allow people to travel smarter and with more options to choose from on their journey.
Norwegian grew rapidly over large parts of the globe, first with our short-haul routes in Europe, and later with long-haul routes to the USA, Asia, and South America.
In 2018 the company changed course to focus on core destinations and the right sizing of the airline in response to customer demand and global industry trends. The rapid global spread of COVID-19 throughout 2020 and into 2021 accelerated this process, and in January 2021 the company announced a simplified business structure and a dedicated short haul only network concentrating on a broad range of domestic routes in Norway, across the Nordics and to key European destinations.
To better inform you about the position, we have recorded a podcast, in which we interview Karl Vilhelm Piene, Senior Vice President Technical IT of Norwegian, about the company, expectations for the role and what you can expect in this position: https://soundcloud.com/user-485305904-808676494/norwegian-network-engineer
- Operate our existing networks at our offices and in airports across Europe.
- Design and implement large-scale networks with interfaces for security, firewalls, IPS and portable solutions.
- Maintain and update networks in accordance with user needs and business interests.
- Keep a continuous focus on the technical security of the network.
- You will be expected to stay updated on technological developments and proactively suggest solutions that optimise business value.
- Focus on operations, including standardisation of processes, procedures and preparing documentation.
Whom are we looking for?
- You have higher technical education. Long and relevant work experience may compensate for the educational requirement.
- Examples of relevant areas of experience: L3 routing, LAN/WLAN/WAN, VPN, Cisco, HPE and Aruba, as well as cloud solutions such as AWS, Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Windows Servers, to mention a few. We have a modern stack
- You enjoy your current work with networks, but you want to take an active part in the journey to the cloud, via fewer ‘on-prem’ solutions and more purchase of services.
- Broad experience from contact with suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian and the ability to communicate technological jargon understandably to broad segments of the organisation.
- Analytical, structured, proactive, efficient, with the capacity to handle a large volume of work.
- Ability to identify potentials for improvement and propose concrete solutions.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and cooperate well with all levels in the organisation.
- The role involves a shift roster, which may entail evening and weekend work.
Our pledge to you:
- You will have a key role in the development of a fast-growing international company, with real influence on our cloud journey.
- You will be part of Norwegian`s internal IT community, which is now gearing up for the future. The community consists of highly skilled staff who enjoy support from all parts of the organisation.
- Our offices are at Fornebu outside Oslo, but we make provisions for flexible working also post-COVID-19. Some travel must be expected.
- We offer a competitive salary, pension, and insurance schemes, including discounted air travel. We value a good work-life balance.
Are you curious to know more?
Do not hesitate to contact our recruitment partner MeyerHaugen AS for an informal chat about the role, via Henrik Andersson, Partner, by phone + 47 416 70 787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively Gabriella Nyborg Hernando, Senior Advisor, by email email@example.com or phone + 47 454 18 002.
The application deadline is 27 September 2021. Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
Did you know?
- We aim to be the most carbon and resource-efficient airline in the world by introducing new technology as soon as it becomes commercially available.
- Many people refer to our aircraft as ‘the red nose’, because of the bright red colour of the aircrafts’ nose.
- The tailfins of our aircraft are emblazoned with pictures of heroes that have challenged social norms and inspired others.
- We taught Norwegian air passengers to book tickets online.
- We have one of the world’s youngest and most fuel-efficient aircraft fleets.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.