Project procurement coordinator
Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Project procurement coordinator
In Hydro, large-scale industrial projects have always been at the center of our business realization.
Projects is a specialized and dedicated project organization in Hydro. Our main tasks are to develop and execute investments projects in a predictable and efficient way. We provide project management services to all Business Areas in Hydro cross-boarders.
Projects will play an important part in Hydro’s ambitious journey, to maintain our position as a leading supplier of low-carbon aluminium and to grow in renewables. Our efforts are crucial to the green change.
To strengthen our project delivery capabilities within the compliance and commercial team we are looking for a Project procurement coordinator/manager. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary and diverse team and will collaborate with many parts of the organization.
What we offer
- The opportunity to take a leading role in procurement related activities within assigned project/contract, this can also include leading a project procurement team
- Be part of a professional project management organization, with broad expertise and well proven methods in project governance, project control, procurement and technical management
- A great opportunity to impact exciting projects with focus on sustainable industries and to contribute to safe and predictable project execution
- Joining Hydro’s ambitious journey which involves projects within aluminium production, aluminium recycling, hydropower, hydrogen, wind, solar and batteries
The main responsibility for the position will be handling of procurement activities along the whole procurement chain from preparation of procurement strategy and prequalification of suppliers to contract awards including administration of contracts.
- Cooperate across the project team and take an active role in the respective contract team
- Establish contract strategies, market assessments, prequalification, preparation of invitation to tenders/enquiry documents
- Evaluate, negotiate and award contracts
- Administration and follow-up of contracts
- Review and advice project teams in contractual and commercial follow-up activities
- Contribute to development and improvement of our work processes; procedures, best practices, methods and tools
Who are you?
We belive that you have strong collaboration and communicative skills, and are motivated by being part of a team working towards common goals. You enjoy working in multidiscipline teams, you are curious to understand the bigger picture, and you proactively seek solutions and look for improvement in work processes and tools. To succeed you need to be confident in taking lead in the procurement process and activities.
You work structured and have a commercial mindset, and we hope you have a technical interst and that you are currious to learn more about the other areas of expertice within Projects.
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable with business travels and regular travel to project sites when needed. We strive to have a diverse team and welcome candidate with various backgrounds.
- Relevant degree on master- or bachelor level
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably from industrial companies and investment projects
- Solid knowledge in contract standards (e.g. NTK, Norsk Standard)
- Experience and proven record in establish, evaluate, negotiate, award and follow-up contracts
- Team oriented with strong cooperative and communicative skills as well as able to work independently
- Fluent in written and oral English, and elementary proficiency in Norwegian or other scandinavian language
- Expertise using professional IT tools (e.g. eRoom, SAP, PIMS)
Apply before: 09/26/2021
If you have any questions, please contact:
Ellen Mohr Dye
Phone: (Norway +47) 95283105
Phone: 959 95 304
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.