Senior/Principal Treasury Accountant
We're 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we're facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We're up for the challenge. Are you?
By joining our team in CFO you will have the opportunity to:
- Perform analysis and reporting of Financial items for the group, which consist of cash and cash equivalents, financial investments, financial derivatives and other financial assets and liabilities with corresponding profit and loss effects. The centralized responsibility includes assessment of accounting principles and preparations of the notes to the quarterly and annual report.
- Perform accounting related to equity transactions, ie group contributions, dividends, share buy-back.
- Advise in accounting issues related to treasury activity - bond issuance, project financing and other finance related issues.
- Calculate earnings per share for the Equinor group.
- Perform adn solve accounting issues related to internal bank.
- Perform tax calculations on financial items within Norwegian tax legislation.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, like controllers, tax managers, external auditors etc.
- Participate in various relevant digital improvement projects in Accounting.
The team is involved in many aspects of the above-mentioned tasks. The position offered will give the candidate the opportunity to participate in various finance related tasks across our organization, which will give a good overview of business activity throughout the group. The candidate will work with highly skilled professionals across several business areas and accounting disciplines, and get a large network within the field of work, especially within Treasury & Tax.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
A master’s degree in Accounting or Finance. A bachelor’s degree with relevant experience may compensate.
- More than three years of experience in audit, accounting or in a treasury/finance department.
- Competence within Norwegian legislation and IFRS.
- Experience in using Excel and SAP.
- A service minded and committed candidate to meet deadlines with a high working capacity.
- A team player with good communication and collaboration skills, and a proficiency in English and Norwegian, both oral and written.
- A willingness to learn, including new digital tools and skills.
- A candidate that is proactive, solution-oriented and capable of independent work.
- A candidate with high ethical integrity.
- A candidate that has the ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
Why join us?
At Equinor, we care about each other as much as our business. That's why we offer:
- Not just a job; a career. In Equinor, your development begins on day one. You will build your competence through a wide range of learning activities while being empowered to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies. Our internal job market allows endless opportunities for development and growth within your own field or in other interesting and relevant areas for you.
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries, global parental leave, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees' well-being is a priority. We recognise that for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. That's why we encourage you to make use of our flexible work arrangements.
- An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger. For us true inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
For more information visit Equinor's website: https://www.equinor.com/
Please refer to DN.no in your application.