Principal Sustainability Consultant
Local Unit & Position Description
We are building our team in the Nordics and are looking for two Principal Consultants that can take to market our full suite of Sustainability services to help customers improve their commercial performance, manage ESG issues and support clients to implement, improve and demonstrate their commitment and progress towards authentic sustainability.
We are looking for two dynamic, growth-focused individuals with experience in the domain of ESG and Sustainability and in-depth knowledge within one or two areas of sustainability. You will be part of our Sustainability, Assessment and Assurance team in Norway, but also working as part of a team across the Nordics to help us achieve our vision and goals.
As part of our team you will be responsible for contributing to our sales growth and delivery of a range of services within the areas of strategy, reporting, value chain, green finance and climate change. We are specifically looking for experts within:
1) Green finance - with customer experience from projects related to the EU Taxonomy, the ICMA and LMA principles, green bonds & sustainable finance consulting and/or ESG strategy development and implementation within one or several industries.
2) Climate change - with customer experience from projects related to the EU innovation fund, GHG calculation, accounting and/or verification, TCFD, SASB and CDP reporting and EU/ETS projects from one or several industries.
It will be an advantage if you have experience from having sales - and delivery targets as you will be responsible for making proposals, winning projects and be a part of project teams as well as helping to grow our business through the following activities:
- Proactively seeking to identify customer needs, developing tailored solutions and selling these to new and existing clients
- Directing projects, ensuring they are executed to meet or exceed clients’ expectations, on time, on budget and to DNV quality standards.
- Leading and communicating effectively with your project teams and clients.
- Introducing services from your own/ existing discipline(s) to new clients and new services to existing clients.
We are looking for an:
- Experienced consultant, with at least 3 years of experience in the domain of sustainability and specilisation as described above
- Experience with sales and business development in Sustainability services covering some of the following: Assurance, ESG, Green Bonds & Sustainable Finance, Digital Assurance, Supply Chain Sustainability & Risk Management, Climate Change and Sustainability Strategy
- Proven track record of leading & delivering professional services as a trusted advisor in the domain of sustainability management
- Academic qualifications relevant to sustainability subject areas
- Proven project and/or team leader, delivering service excellence
- Able to clearly delegate tasks and provide sufficient guidance, support and feedback on performance to teams of experts and Consultants.
- Willingness to travel and work around Norway and the Nordic area, and on occasions overseas
- Fluency in English and Norwegian is a prerequisite
We are offering an exciting innovative opportunity to accelerate your career in an influential role as part of a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary, dynamic and international team. You will have an abundance of opportunities for professional and personal growth in the role and in formal professional development with unique exposure to the cutting edge of sustainability and digital assurance solutions.
If you're interested in applying, please submit your CV and cover letter in English. In your cover letter, please describe your motivation and how your experience and competences (knowledge, skills, abilities) align with the listed position qualifications.
For more information, please contact Lin Jacobsen Hammer, Sustainability Manager at +47 91624674.
Interviews will be held on an on-going basis.
Please be informed you may be requested to provide DNV with additional documents for a background check.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world’s leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company’s management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.