Chief Technology Officer - Nordea Life and Pension, Norway
#AccelerateYourCareer #Tech #Nordea #GrowWithUs #Leadership
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of financial services.
We are now looking for a future oriented senior leader to join us as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for Nordea Life and Pensions Norway, where you’ll be part of creating the future of insurance and banking.
Nordea Life and Pension is a part of Wealth Management in Nordea with 202 employees in Oslo and Bergen. We serve approximately 23.000 companies and 700.000 private customers with savings, pensions or life insurance products, resulting in ~18 bnEUR in assets under management.
About this opportunity
Welcome to Nordea Life and Pensions. With us you’ll help individuals and companies realise their aspirations when it comes to long-term savings and life insurance. We assist individuals when they face life changing situations and ensure companies cover their needs for employee pension plans.
You’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to grow and make your mark on something bigger.
We are building the foundation for tomorrow’s financial solutions: We design our future business and modernize our application landscape to deliver great, digital customer experiences to all our customers. We think this is truly exciting and hope you will think so, too.
What you’ll be doing:
As the CTO in Nordea Life and Pension you will lead our technology division and also be part of the executive leadership team in NLP Norway. You will set the direction and ambition for our technology division and make sure we build a future proof delivery organisation that is second to none in the industry.
We are currently embarking on a complete makeover of our core systems, and the CTO plays a crucial role in making that happen over the next 3-5 years. You will play a key role in being part of leading this transformation, and trough this build the insurance company for the future.
NLP NO run an agile development set-up, and ensure developments are done in cross functional teams put together from across our value chain. The CTO is part of driving the strategic planning for our agile release train, and also accountable for the output from this.
As the CTO you work closely with the business units, and part of the role is to have a profound understanding of the change our industry is going through and translate that into execution plans for the technology area.
The CTO also handles all relations towards our IT Vendors and external contractors and is responsible for maintaining a compliant and cost effective sourcing strategy for the technology area.
The relationship towards the other Nordea Life companies and Nordea Group is also part of the role and the CTO will engage in dialogues across the group as part of the AWM technology leadership.
We can promise that you will work together with dynamic, professional and passionate people!
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
We’re have created an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas, guidance and unique background.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have excellent leadership skills and gravitas to drive the technology area forward
- As a leader you are open, inclusive and deeply engaged in maximising everyone’s potential to the fullest.
- Have courage and dares to challenge the existing in order to improve performance
- Profound execution skills, being able to make the right priorities and deliver the desired effects.
- Have a collaborative and goal oriented mind-set: You see opportunities rather than challenges, and you know that a team is more than the sum of its parts
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and also the ability to motivate and engage the organisation to go the extra mile.
- Good understanding of the agile methodology and experience from similar set-ups
- Deep understanding on how technology can play a crucial role in solving tomorrow business opportunities
To be a qualified candidate for the CTO position, we believe you have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant leadership experience
- Experience from leading technology units and driving bigger change initiatives
- Superior understanding of digital business models and how to bring them to life
- Excellent English language skills, fluent in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language.
The position is based in Bergen where we will move into brand new offices in the city centre form the beginning of 2022.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please Submit your application no later than 12/01/2022. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Chief Executive Officer Hans-Erik Lind firstname.lastname@example.org +47 41641551
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please be aware that any applications or CVs coming through email or direct messages will not be accepted or considered.
Nordea is a leading Nordic universal bank. We are helping our customers realise their dreams and aspirations – and we have done that for 200 years. We want to make a real difference for our customers and the communities where we operate – by being a strong and personal financial partner.