Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Joining Team Norse is more than getting a job. It is all about belonging.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will be responsible for the financial forecasting, planning and analysis for the airline. You will be our Excel guru. You take initiative, thrive in an ambiguous but fast paced environment, and deliver to deadlines, are an extremely hard worker and challenge assumptions.
Joining Norse at this early phase means you will be heavily involved in the shaping of Norse Atlantic`s beginning and as Norse grows and evolves, you can expect to have the opportunity to get involved in different tasks, including more responsibility and promotion opportunities.
The position will report to the CFO.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility for the financial forecasting, planning and analysis for the airline, including developing and maintaining financial forecast models as needed to support company planning.
- Manage the short and long-term financial planning process, challenging assumptions and ensuring business drivers are clearly understood and highlighted.
- Use your financial/accounting knowledge and business acumen to build financial models and analyses with little guidance, draw conclusions and make recommendations that deliver results and drive improvements.
- Assist in the build and be in charge of streamlining and maintaining p&l, balance sheet and cash flow forecast.
- Develop and assist with Norse’s monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial planning and budgeting.
- Create internal management reporting and perform variance analysis.
- Identify and implement opportunities to resolve finance issues, improve, scale, or simplify finance tools, technology, and processes across teams and organizations.
- Work closely across functions in the organization to build and improve financial analysis and forecasting tools.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to deliver critical financial and KPI plans.
- Perform ad-hoc business analyses, and financial modelling.
- Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions, and planned future initiatives.
- Provide support for or lead various finance related projects as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive reporting experience and exceptional financial modelling skills.
- Experience from a similar position, including responsibility for preparing short-term and long-term p&l, cash flow and balance sheet forecasts.
- A proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
- Hands-on detail & oriented individual willing to be immersed in all aspects of finance modelling.
- Experience from an airline would be advantageous, but not a requirement.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, as well as ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Proactive work ethic and ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Understanding and working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls.
- A Bachelors degree in accounting, business, economics or similar.
- Professional accounting qualification, such as CPA or Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
- Highly advanced Excel skills a must.
- Experience with Power BI an advantage.
- The possibility of being part of a great team, working together to build one of the most exciting new airlines
- An informal and positive work environment
- Modern offices located at our head office in Arendal, Norway
We believe that culture will be our competitive advantage.
Team Norse has identified three core values that we all should live and breath
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to send an email to:
Please note: you have 2 days from submission to edit your cover letter before it can no longer be changed.
Deadline: 31st May