Senior Financial Controller
Senior Financial Controller med revisjonsbakgrunn
With great ambitions, we need great people!
Torvald Klaveness is a pioneering shipping company with the vision to improve the nature of shipping and the ambition to make seaborne supply chains resilient, decarbonized, and cost-effective. The group today consists of five business units; through Klaveness Combination Carriers, the company takes an active part in the transition to low-carbon shipping with the unique concept of combination carriers. Our Dry Bulk unit is a leading operator and service provider to the global dry bulk industry and manages the world’s largest Panamax Pool. Klaveness Ship Management manages the owned vessels from an environmental, technical, and commercial standpoint. Klaveness Digital has developed the world’s leading platform for managing seaborne supply chains. Our newest venture, ZeroLab by Klaveness, is developing several initiatives to make low-and zero emission options available to our customers. With over 75 years’ experience, Klaveness operates close to 100 vessels through offices in Oslo, Singapore, Manila, and Dubai with around 190 employees onshore and close to 850 seafarers.
More information about our company and our activities can be found at www.klaveness.com
Klaveness is seeking a proactive and engaged Senior Financial Controller to strengthen our Group Finance team at our headquarters in Oslo. This is a challenging, hands-on, dynamic and wide-ranging role. Responsibilities include management and statutory financial reporting, financial information and analysis to decision makers, and process and system improvements. You will be part of a tight-knit, highly competent and development-oriented team covering reporting, financial controlling and tax towards all business areas in Torvald Klaveness. You will report to our Senior Manager Group Accounting and also work directly with members of top management and other decision makers. The position is new, and you will have ample opportunity to grow your competence and shape your role in line with your own and the company’s development.
- Develop and maintain internal controls, reporting processes and systems for management and financial reporting
- Ensure correct accounting and tax treatment of a variety of transactions within our business, including coaching of dedicated accounting personnel in Manila
- Quarterly and monthly management reporting and ad hoc financial analysis towards members of top management
- Participate in, or lead, various projects to enhance Group Finance deliveries to Klaveness’ business areas
- Relevant education within finance/accounting at Master level, preferably MRR or equivalent
- 3-5 years relevant experience, including from auditing (Big 4 is preferred)
- Solid accounting and tax competence (our reporting language is NGAAP, but with a consolidated listed subsidiary using IFRS, and we operate within various tax regimes)
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications, primarily excel
- Fluent Norwegian and strong written and spoken English as a working language
- Academically strong with an ability to communicate complex issues clearly
- An analytic mindset, with attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- A team player by nature, but also able to structure your own work and take responsibility for your deliveries
- Curious, with a drive to understand the business behind the figures, and ability to spot opportunities for improvement
- A unique opportunity to contribute to shaping an exciting industry in major transformation over the coming years
- A highly skilled and diverse working environment
- Flexible working conditions and attractive office premises centrally located at Vækerø, Oslo
For further information about the role, please contact our advisors at Fabi Ebba Bemer Rappe, 407 68 125 or Helena Weiergang Einerkjær, 957 72 052. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please refer to DN.no in your application.