- Klaveness AS
- fredag 10. juni 2022
- Applications are assessed on a running basis.
- Asbjørn Jørgensen 92688123, Per Svantesson 91901288
- Maritim / Shipping, Olje / Gass
- Juridiske tjenester
Motta stillingsvarsel når vi legger ut tilsvarende stillinger.
Klaveness søker Legal Counsel
Torvald Klaveness is a pioneering shipping company with the vision to improve the nature of shipping and the ambition to make seaborn supply chains resilient, decarbonized and cost-effective. The group today consists of five business units; Through Klaveness Combination Carriers, the company takes an active part in the transition to low-carbon shipping with the unique concept of combination carriers. Our Dry Bulk unit is a leading operator and service provider to the global dry bulk industry and manages the world’s largest Panamax Pool. Klaveness Ship Management provides technical and commercial ship management with high attention to safety, security, environment, and compliance. Klaveness Digital has developed the world’s leading platform for managing seaborne supply chains. Our newest venture Klaveness ZeroLab is developing several initiatives to make low-and zero emission options available to our customers.
With 75 years’ experience, Klaveness operates close to 100 vessels through offices in Oslo, Singapore, Manila and Dubai with around 180 employees onshore and close to 850 seafarers. More information about our company and our activities can be found at www.klaveness.com
With great ambitions, we need great people!
We are seeking a development-oriented and professional Legal Counsel to our headquarter in Oslo with business knowledge and sound judgement who is able and eager to work on international cases in a quality-focused and ambitious shipping company.
The Legal Department in Oslo handles cases within all our business areas across our offices in Oslo, Singapore, Dubai and Manila. You will be part of a small highly skilled legal team and report to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer.
Areas of responsibilities and main tasks
- Providing legal advice and be a sparring partner within the company’s business areas.
- Providing legal advice in connection with transactions such as purchase and sale of ships, contracting, financing, M&A etc.
- Participating in contract negotiations, drafting agreements and legal follow-up of various types of cases.
- Proactive identification and management of legal risks in close cooperation with our business units.
- Conducting general quality assurance work internally as well as preparing and carrying out training on legal matters.
- Working with the commercial teams at our international offices.
- Providing legal support in the development of new concepts and services for shipping.
- Taking clear ownership of systems and processes and contributing to their further development.
Desired background and qualifications
- Master of Law with excellent grades.
- Norwegian license to practice law and at least 5 years’ relevant experience, preferably from the shipping industry, a law firm or a maritime insurance company.
- Knowledge of and experience with contract and corporate law.
- Experience with international transactions.
- Knowledge of IT law, including SaaS contracts, will be considered an advantage.
- Good communication skills in English and Norwegian, both written and oral.
Desired personal skills
- Sound judgment based on a high ethical standard and a broad professional approach.
- Interest in the company's business operations and understanding of the connection between the legal and the commercial aspects of business.
- Enjoys teamwork and contributing expertise in cross-disciplinary contexts to identify good solutions.
- Committed, independent and structured; not afraid to speak up or have one’s views challenged.
- Clear communicator, solution-oriented and confidence-inspiring.
Why you will enjoy working here
We offer an exciting job in an international company with great ambitions for the future based on digitization and innovation. This is a unique opportunity to take part in and shape an industry that will undergo major changes over the coming years. You will be part of a highly skilled working environment that encourages long term professional and personal growth.
We are based in attractive office premises centrally located at Vækerø, Oslo.
Further information about the company and our business areas is available at www.klaveness.com
If you have any questions about the position, contact our advisors at Ascender, Asbjørn Jørgensen +47 926 88 123 or Per Svantesson +47 919 01 288 or our internal Legal Counsel, Henrik Semb Rønningen +47 901 29 039.
Applications are assessed on a running basis.
Please refer to DN.no in your application.