Public Affairs Manager
HeidelbergCement (HC) is a global market leader within aggregates and among the top global players within cement, concrete and other related activities, making the company one of the world’s largest building materials manufacturers. HC are taking steps towards a more environmentally friendly footprint for our activities. HC has about 50,000 employees in over 50 countries and a turnover in 2021 of above €18,7 billion.
HeidelbergCement Northern Europe (HCNE) is a business unit within the HC Group with activities in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Iceland. HCNE is a leading building materials supplier within our region, producing products as cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products through several brands within the region (e.g. Betongindustri, NorBetong, DK Beton, BM Vallá, HC Betoon, Norcem, Cementa ++).
The department - HeidelbergCement Northern Europe Environmental, Social and Governance
The Environmental, Social and Governance unit for Northern Europe acts as a driving force both internally and externally to ensure a business-oriented advancement of our product’s sustainability performance. Its main tasks are;
- Working extensively in dialogue with external stakeholders with the ambition to promote regulation and policies that support a competitive and sustainable transition of HC operations.
- Responsibility for following up the CO2-compliance in Northern Europe, take part in development of HC Group’s strategy and measures for the Northern Europe entities to comply with regulations
- Responsibility to propose and support a continuous follow-up of Northern Europe ESG targets including the implementation of HC Group targets
- Strengthen the internal and external ESG awareness through information and communication channels (in close cooperation with Northern Europe communication channels)
The role - Public Affairs Manager
HeidelbergCement Northern Europe continues to grow and strengthen its ESG team in order to reach its goal of carbon neutrality, adding value to the society as a whole. The main tasks of the role are;
- Maintain and expand a network of stakeholders that are crucial to the operations and regulatory practices that concerns HC, in a ESG setting
- Actively communicate with stakeholders, promoting a business oriented agenda that supports the realization of HC’s ESG targets
- Overall public affairs responsibility of HC Norway, in strong collaboration with overarching Northern Europe and Group interests.
- Actively promote Northern Europe business interest including ESG performance internally and externally with a predominant focus towards regulators and policy makers
Who are you?
- Masters degree within relevant disciplines (politics, law etc.)
- Understanding of the political landscape, decision-making and stakeholders crucial to the construction/industrial sector
- Excellent communication skills in an international setting, both written and orally
- Extensive experience within the disciplines of ESG/Sustainability, or similar subjects (Energy, climate, construction/industrials)
- Goal-targeted and excellent abilities to convey both a purpose and a message
What we offer
- Professional and personal development opportunities in a global leader
- An international, dynamic and multidisciplinary environment
- Modern offices located in Lysaker
- Good pension scheme and insurance agreements
- Company cottages
- Work-life balance
- Development programmes
Øivind Fossum Persen
Tel: +47 473 74 423
Please refer to DN.no in your application.