Head of Performance and Controlling
Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Head of Performance and Controlling
Hydro Aluminium Metal a leading supplier of extrusion ingots, sheet ingots, foundry alloys, wire rods and high-purity aluminum with a global production network of around 5,000 employees. With primary metal production facilities in Europe, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Qatar, and recycling facilities throughout Europe and in the U.S., two-thirds of our primary aluminum production is based on renewable energy.
Aluminium Metal (AM) Finance consists of the local finance organizations located at our plants, finance organizations in the business units and the central finance organization. The central finance unit is for the business area responsible for business planning, performance management, analysis, financial reporting, and information systems/information technology. The central team closely works with the business units and plants in these areas.
We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled Head of Performance and Controlling. You will join an international and dynamic organization and be part of our ambitious journey to strengthen our competitive position as a supplier of low-carbon aluminum.
Area of Responsibility
As Head of Performance and Controlling you own planning, performance, and business analysis processes in AM. You act as a Business Partner for management and the business units and support decision making and improvements for AM, including our joint ventures. The position is part of AM Finance management team and is leading a team of highly competent and engaged business analysts, the Performance and Controlling department.
Main tasks are:
- Acts as key driver, challenger, and supporter for performance topics in Aluminium Metal (AM), including corresponding improvement programs
- Process owner across business area for planning, performance, and business analysis processes, including ownership of corresponding governance documents
- Coordinates, consolidates, analyzes, delivers Business plan / long-term financials on behalf of AM
- Owns AM financial estimation model and process – from reporting estimation to planning
- Responsible for AM/Hydro strategy process support – analysis/benchmarking/projects
- Runs performance and management reporting process, from plant to Hydro group
- Coordinates, consolidates, and provides analysis to AM internal board presentations
- Provides business controlling tasks for joint ventures – reporting, performance management, planning, analysis
- Provides analytical support including impairment testing, contingency planning, strategic hedging, projects, deep-dives and benchmarking, external analysis, general modelling, analysis, ad hoc requests etc.
- Supports business units and plants in planning, analysis, benchmarking, and business cases
- University degree within subjects as Industrial economics, finance, business administration
- Min. 5 years of relevant experience from an international company, including leadership experience
- Strong analytical skills including financials, investments, and profitability analysis
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills is a requirement
- In depth understanding of value drivers in an industrial context
- Ability to support and challenge through in-depth understanding, fact-based insight/analysis, and benchmarking
- Ability to communicate on various levels in organization, management vs. plants, on different content level, overall strategic vs. operational
- High level of written and oral English is required
You successfully set the agenda proactively by seeing, proposing, and implementing new ideas to drive performance. You have excellent skills in messaging and communication, both oral and written to different levels of the organization. Furthermore, we believe you easily build relationships and are well experienced with cross-cultural environments.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via email.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 26.06.2022
If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: (Norway +47) 41751283
Phone:(Norway +47) 97031556
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.