Financial Controller to family-owned Norwegian technology company
DEFA is a family-owned Norwegian technology company established in 1946, with 450 employees on three continents. For more than 75 years, we have evolved from a local family business to an international charging company, driven by the search for new links between technology and people. Our most important principle is simplicity, and while it requires more of us, it brings more value to our customers. That's how we've grown, and that's how we'll grow in the future, creating products and solutions that work for everyone, everywhere.
Do you want to connect with us?
Are you a structured and driven finance professional with interest in accounting, procurement and auditing?
DEFA is now looking for a Financial Controller to strengthen their Finance department at Billingstad, Asker. As Financial Controller, you will ensure high-quality controlling activities, provide insightful analysis and support various internal stakeholders across the Group. The role reports to CFO.
Controlling activities in Procurement:
- Update/maintain base data regarding purchase in AX (Trade agreement vendors)
- Monitor development in cost prices
- Vendor contract management
- Monitor targeted savings in purchase prices
- Participate in establishing target cost prices purchased and produced items
- Suggest improvements to processes, structure, routines, carry out spend analysis’, etc.
- Monitor spend/commodities and report discrepancies
Controlling activities in Accounting/Finance:
- Participate in preparing monthly accounts for selected Group companies
- Perform cost / gap analysis and present in monthly Business Review meetings
- Monitor development in cost prices and gross margins at the Nesbyen factory
Internal Audit activites:
- Plan and participate in risk-based internal audits in Group companies
- Audit authority & approval matrix transactions in Group companies
- Establish/Develop/Improve procedures and processes within area of responsibility
- System expert for dedicated modules in Group ERP-system (MS Dynamics AX) and Business intelligence system (Qlickview)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, auditing or finance
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience from auditing, accounting or controlling
- General strong understanding of accounting
- Solid knowledge and interest in IT systems (we use MS AX Dynamics as ERP system, QlickView for business intelligence and Compello for invoice approval)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
As a person you are analytical and work in a structured way, with an eye for details and ability to meet deadlines through good time management and prioritization. Further, it’s important that you dare to challenge existing ways of working, take initiatives and drive projects through.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.
Please refer to DN.no in your application.