Director head of communication
Alda Seafood is one of the largest investors in the Seafood industry in Europe. The group of companies Alda is invested in, catch process and sells over 300.000 tons per year of wild-caught seafood. It possesses a modern, newly invested fleet, high-tech processing facilities and a sales network selling its product to every corner of the globe. The group of companies operates in Europe and North America.
Alda Seafood is looking for a
DIRECTOR HEAD OF COMMUNICATION
- Follow all Bilateral negotiations and allocations regarding fishing opportunities between EU and Norway, Faroe, UK and Greenland as well as manage all communications/meetings with regional fisheries management organizations such as NAFO, NEAFC and SPRFMOR
- Work with management to define negotiations targets for the allocations mentioned above
- Lead all communication with different stakeholders such as civil servants, NGO´s, other operators
- Lead all meeting and communication with EU officials for the group
- Lead and develop environmental reporting for the group
- Lead and Manage all communications within in the group, both internally and externally
- Relevant education or experience (University degree)
- International experience
- Fluent in Norwegian, English and preferably German
- Ability to travel in work
- Good understanding and experience in dealing with different cultures and levels of experience/education, also on managerial leve
- Ability to develop good working relationships with other stakeholders as, NGO, civil servant and other seafood companies but always have ethic rules of the company as priority
- Understand the scope of the working environment and plan ahead whilst understanding wider implications of actions
- Strong ability to influence people but at same time to listen and understand complexity and needs of different interests of different stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Seafood preferable
For further information, contact Ivar Ødegaard at Solér Executive AS, tel. +47 901 77 668. All applications are treated confidentially. Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and mark the application with “12676”.
Please refer to DN.no in your application.