Marine Practice Leader
Are you ready to lead one of the largest Marine insurance broking teams?
If you want to be part of a forward-thinking and fast-paced company, where you connect closely with Norwegian and international insurance providers and clients, then Marsh is for you. You are a highly curious, problem-solving and committed team player, who is focused on achieving the best outcome for our customers, managing their risks and protecting their future. You are analytical, have an eye for detail and are commercially-oriented.
About Marsh and Marsh McLennan
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk advisor. With over 45,000 colleagues operating in 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with innovative and bespoken risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue nearly $20 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer and Oliver Wyman.
In Norway, Marsh has offices in Oslo, Kristiansand and Stavanger. Our Marine hub is located in Kristiansand with presence also at our head office in Oslo. The marine team consists of 20 highly qualified and dedicated colleagues. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.
- Responsible for managing the marine teams in Kristiansand and Oslo and being accountable for the sales goals and overall P&L for Marine in Norway.
- Responsible for personal sales targets and the maintenance and expansion of the marine business serviced from Norway.
- Contribute to top-level decision making, communication and reporting related to the performance and development of the Marine sales strategy.
- Collaborate as a key member of the leadership team at Marsh Norway, contributing to the overall strategy and working closely with the CEO.
- Leverage extensive experience with complex accounts and advanced knowledge of marine insurance products and risk solutions to drive sales and growth.
- Act as the subject matter Marine expert for large accounts.
- Help oversee account proposals and sales efforts of the team, ensuring they result in financially beneficial outcomes.
- Stay ahead of marine market insights to effectively identify growth opportunities.
- Consult on strategic high-level talent acquisition efforts for the Marine department to ensure they attract, retain and cultivate top talent.
- Participate in industry forums and events representing Marsh and maintain a broad and powerful professional network.
- More than 10 years senior experience from the Marine industry and/or marine insurance industry with a proven track record.
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience.
- Extensive experience from client-facing responsibilities.
- Ability to establish close relationships with internal experts and specialists to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- A passionate team player that understands that we create better results for Marsh by working closely together.
- Ability to be structured and analytical, whilst at the same time have extensive drive and action focus.
- A good communicator who is comfortable presenting in front of large groups.
- Exciting career opportunities in an open and collaborative team.
- International working environment and mobility opportunities.
- Training and continuous education.
- Competitive pension and insurance schemes.
- Attractive benefits and rewards.
Location: Preferably Marsh AS, Kristiansand, but Marsh Oslo can be considered provided the candidate is prepared to be present in the Kristiansand office on regular basis
Address in Kristiansand: Marsh AS, Dronningens Gate 3, 4662, Kristiansand
Address in Oslo: Marsh AS, Karenslyst Allé 20, 0278, Oslo
Application deadline: 1st September 2022
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact our Nordic Marine Practice Leader Kurt Severinsen, mobile phone number +47 93 48 74 34 or our CEO Scott Ormen, mobile phone number +47 41 41 71 86
All enquires and applicants will be treated confidentially.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.