Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Group Treasury and Tax, part of Hydro’s corporate center in Oslo, is responsible for the company’s treasury processes, tax, insurance and asset management. We are now hiring a Business Controller to join the Cash Management & Controlling department, which is responsible for the treasury system with internal bank, external cash pools and payment factory, controlling of financial items for the Hydro group.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain insight in the business of a global corporation, while applying your specialist competence in finance, controlling and accounting. You will work with a range of tasks in a visible role with many interfaces and the opportunity to contribute to the further development of Hydro’s financial policies and governance.
Area of responsibility
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Follow-up and controlling of group treasury business, including loan and derivative portfolios
- Prepare and analyze the results of group financial items for periodic reporting, including quarterly presentation to the Group Disclosure Committee and Board Audit Committee
- Support and identify improvement initiatives by analyzing data from the SAP Treasury system
- Module responsibility for accounting and reporting in the SAP treasury system
- Ensure proper set-up of the accounting rules in the treasury system, and interfaces between the treasury system and accounting systems
- Define accounting principles and reporting for financial products like loans and derivatives in cooperation with Group Accounting and Reporting
- Manage the internal agreement and follow up accounting & reporting services delivered by Global Business Services
- Support and follow up financial items in the legal units and business areas, ensuring compliance with group standards and policies
- University degree, e.g. in finance, economics, business administration
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within controlling and analyzing, preferably from treasury in an international company
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of financing markets and relevant products with a link to accounting
- Good understanding of accounting practice related to loans and financial transactions
- Strong system understanding and user experience in treasury systems (SAP) and analytical tools like SAP analytic cloud and Power BI
- Good communication and presentation skills in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to foster positive relationships at all levels of the organization and across multiple locations and countries
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
As a person, you should have a strong analytical and structured approach with a clear business orientation. You enjoy work both independently and in a team. You thrive in delivering high quality and contribute positively to the working environment around you by sharing your specialist competence and engagement.
In this role you will join a team of seven people with broad experience in treasury and finance, reporting to Head of Cash Management & Controlling.
Please enclose a motivational letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 08/21/2022
If you have any questions, please contact:
Per Christian Lindgaard, Head of Cash Management and Controlling
Phone: (Norway +47) 97116113
Phone:(Norway +47) 41617458
Please refer to DN.no in your application.